Detachable sway bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new 87 FJ60 with SOA and 35" tires. It has a tendency to feel top heavy in turns so I wanted to run a sway bar when it's not off-road. The guy I bought this from have me this bar and told me it was the detachable sway bar for this rig.

Now, I'm no expert but I'm fairly handi-capable. I can't, however, figure out where this thing attaches to the rig. Now that I have paid the money, the owner is not responding to my questions.

Can anyone help. Photos attached.

If you need photos of the underside, just let me know and I'll take them and post. Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anyone? I have changed the bushings on my front sway bar before so I know where it normally mounts. Thus far doesn't make any sense to me and I don't see any mounting locations anywhere. Is it missing parts?

An 87 should have rear sway bar mounting points in the axle ...etc..

Rear way bar attaches to axle and then requires two links that run up to the side rails on the sides of your gas tank. Up there at the frame rails should be two bolts on each side of the frame rail where two brackets bolt into to hold the rails.

Maybe you are missing hardware?

60 had a standard front axle sway bar, but no rear axle sway bar- mounting points, yes. 62 had standard rear sway bar.
SOA is a different animal with regard to sway bar.... You will need to fab up looong links to make the connex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom