Destroyed clutch disc (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The T.O bearing ideally should be pressed on to the hub, not hammered. But if the bearing isn't fully seated in the hub it won't affect anything.

Those clips are installed correctly.... But you've got to install them after the transmission is installed.
It's a contorted finger finesse exercise in patience, but you can do it.

Put a dab of grease between the friction surface of the hub ears & fork. Leave a little glob around it so the oils in the grease can migrate to keep it lubed.

@Output Shaft why is it necessary to put the clips on after you install the transmission? I had the fork and hub connected with clips and just slide the bearing over the input shaft as I installed the trans. Maybe I'm missing something...

Clutch disk should be flush against the flywheel once clutch cover is in right?

The clutch disk said "t/m side" on one side so I put that side against the transmission and the clutch disk is sitting flush against the flywheel.

Losing my marbles a little at this point. Almost there...

Holly ***! That clutch exploded. I'm glad you got her out, too bad the shop didn't catch this problem in the first place. Is the pilot bearing in the end of the crankshaft? Replace that bearing too. Theres a trick to getting the bearing out. fill the bearing hole and cavity up with grease and then find something with the same diameter of the ID of bearing and hit in in towards the engine and the grease should compress and push the bearing out. You will have to inch it out adding more grease with every millimeter it moves.

I've heard of grease, news paper and wonder bread. I had to pop mine out a couple weekends ago and wound up using an old Jack In The Box bag and a little water. For a while, I though all the threads about that method were like those false "you can now charge your new iPhone in the microwave with this update" posts I used to see. But, it did work...

How did you use water to get the bearing out?

I've heard of grease, news paper and wonder bread. I had to pop mine out a couple weekends ago and wound up using an old Jack In The Box bag and a little water. For a while, I though all the threads about that method were like those false "you can now charge your new iPhone in the microwave with this update" posts I used to see. But, it did work...

Great to hear you won the war. Cheers! Great effort! Let me know if your ever over here. I always got home brew beer.

How did you use water to get the bearing out?

I tore strips of the bag, soaked it in water which may or may not have come from the dog bowl on the porch and pushed the strip in bit by bit. As I hammered into the hole it compressed the chunk. I continually filled the space until there was no bag left. Oddly enough, the receipt was the final piece of paper I had handy to put in and that was the final one needed.

I should have taken a picture of it, but the full Jack In The Box bag was compressed to about half the size of a shot glass and pretty dang solid.

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom