Desmog Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read many threads on this topic but no one really covered this. The most I read was "remove unused brackets." Can anyone tell me if any of these brackets are needed? I want to remove everything that's not necessary prior to paint.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414896838.877940.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414896853.343147.jpg

I'm referring to the vacuum hose brackets. Can't figure out how to draw arrows with my phone.

In the "how to desmog an fj60" manual it definetly shows some of these brackets being removed I just can't tell which.

The only one you don't need is the elbow on the front.

That is perfect! I might have to tack one back on I got a little excited. Thanks Jim! Do you have some pulleys ready?

I will be calling you tomorrow Jim. So far I'm in to the whole desmog job less than 2 hours and everything's off and I'm just waiting on parts. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow it's nothing new to this site but it sure is nice to be able to see the left side of my motor.

So almost done with my desmog and lost a t fitting anyone have one laying around. It's an odd piece two larger ports and one small one.

It's just a plastic airline Tee. If it doesn't show up, it would be easy enough to jerry-rig something suitable from your local Auto Parts store... or check SOR.

The small hose going into that tee only serves to vent the VCV to atmosphere. So the large diameter hose can connect straight to the VCV, and the small nipple can be left open or connected to a barb on the aircleaner lid.

Received my FJ40 Jim pulley today. Bolted up in less than 10 minutes. Absolutely perfect fit. I would recommend Jim to anyone. I still haven't done the carb or distributor but I will as soon as I can afford it.

I created a plate to cover the egr port not realizing that I would need the hose coming out to connect my PCV. I can't post in classifieds as I only have my phone. Anyone have one of these laying around? The directions to do the desmog by the way are really good if you read them carefully and don't cut things that don't need to be cut like the tubes coming out of the egr plate :oops:

1415684464966.jpg

If you still have the old piece just cut and weld shut the pipe going to the EGR and then use the other pipe for the PCV as necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom