Desmog components (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the parts installed.
High quality milled EGR block off plate you developed Jim.:cheers:

joe_e-albums-bugs-picture21888-2012-03-31-06-31-14-453.jpg

Smog pulley is sweet as well.
I had to grind a little off the top though so it would clear the power steering pump bracket while swinging to loosen or tighten the belt though. No biggie.

joe_e-albums-bugs-picture21889-2012-03-31-06-32-05-320.jpg

I think the components designed for F-series engine

Hi, Jim,
Need the bypass pulley kit. When will they be available, and what is the price, including shipping?

I'm building new pulleys right now. Will ship today or tomorrow, depending on how fast welds cool & paint dries.

Price is still $109, includes free Priority Mail shipping in the USA.

Cap&Plug kits are in stock now.
The EGR blockoff is about gone, but the machinist will be chewing out some more soon.

Excellent. I guess I am gonna need the whole kit (Pulley, cap and plug, and egr?), since I am removing the smog pump entirely? If so, pm me your details, and I will get you paid. Thanks, Jim!!

You've got $$$ via paypal.
thanks for the info. I'm ordering the 76 WP.

I need cap & plug set. Are they available for the shipping?

FJ40Jim said:
Yes, but the standard $5 shipping is for a US postal service flat rate box.
Not sure if it's worth it to ship to CA?

How much could be the shipping to Toronto, ON, Canada by USPS? Shouldn't be that much bad, it's a small box or even bible envelope.

full set

I need to order the plug and EGR cover. How much and how do I order?

Thanks,

Chuck

Jim,

ETA on the EGR? I can PayPal for all of it now if you send me the total w/ shipping to 80917...you can just ship it all whenever the EGR block shows up. I got a Trollhole on the way to finish it all off!

just wanted to thank Jim for making a great product.

Took me a little over and hour to pull the AP and replace it with Jim's pulley, no drama. I didnt have to remove the PS pump, I sawed the air hoses off, removed the spare battery tray, removed the pulley from the AP, removed the adjustment bracket, then it just came right out. Jim's braket and pulley dropped right in....and with the damn AP gone it was a breeze.

Think I need to do the same on my 82 FJ40, the AP is fine but the extra room would be nice

Thank you for the feedback, Mr. Pimp. :grinpimp:

Since we've been bumped to the top, I'll say that all the desmog components listed in the first posts of this thread are in stock & ready to ship.
:cheers:

I can't find any Air Filter caps locally. So I think I'll just buy the plug kit from you and get it shipped to Canada.

Yup, my stuff arrived today, thanks for the quick ship, Jim!

I got my air rail off without much drama...the bolt nearest to the firewall was a pain in the ass, so it got chisled off at the nut and flexi-ratcheted out...

Gonna try & tackle the EGR, carb swap and smog pump/idler swap tomorrow!

Working through my desmog & notice the two larger plugs are for the BVSVs. Should I be removing both BVSVs? The one "How to Desmog an FJ60" says so keep the top for the EVAP system and that you can use either or, but the bottom will cause the Cruier to run poor during warmup. The top one already had one of the nipples broke off...not sure if I should buy a new one or just plug both...

Do I need to drop the motor to get this ^$%@&@$&^ smog pump out? I'm ready to sawzall it in half.

Last edited:
The 2 BVSV plugs are included in case both are broken. It's up to you if you decide to remove the unneded one and the broken one, or if you get a new one to keep the evap system functional.

With gas at $4, I would try to keep the evap functioning so I wasn't pissing away expensive fuel vapor all the time.

Worst case, it may be necessary to unbolt the PS bracket from the side of the block. 3 bolts and one nut, all 14mm hex. Easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom