Delta VS 100 Series bumpers in the works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That front bumper look fantastic. Will the bull bar be load bearing at all?

That front bumper look fantastic. Will the bull bar be load bearing at all?
What do you mean by load bearing? I ask because it seems people have many different things in mind with that.

It looks like you have a great design and I’m looking forward to the final price point. For myself I’d like a bull bar designed with a large animal impact in mind.

It looks like you have a great design and I’m looking forward to the final price point. For myself I’d like a bull bar designed with a large animal impact in mind.
Agreed. Kinda defeat the point to even have a bull bar is it can't take a hit.

Agreed. Kinda defeat the point to even have a bull bar is it can't take a hit.

Ya, kinda the point is to have a NON “damage multiplier”, right? That’s certainly our goal. Still waiting to hear what @aaronrules had in mind with his “load bearing” question.

Ya, kinda the point is to have a NON “damage multiplier”, right? That’s certainly our goal.

Then your product and your logic won't appeal to some. The point of the bull bar is to keep animals from getting over the hood and into the windscreen/cabin in the best case or at the least, reduce the energy of the impact to the cabin should they get over the top.

Then your product and your logic won't appeal to some. The point of the bull bar is to keep animals from getting over the hood and into the windscreen/cabin in the best case or at the least, reduce the energy of the impact to the cabin should they get over the top.
huh? I think maybe we missed paths here. A "damage multiplier" is what we call one of those brush guards that just bends into, and touches, every body panel after getting in a 5 mph crash.

If your primary concern is high speed collision protection I'd personally go with an ARB/Ironman/TJM bullbar. However, for offroading this seems to offer a much better approach angle due to the reduced overhang and closeness to the body/fenders. It's not a damage multiplier since it would offer a level of protection when slowly bumping into a boulder/tree/etc.

If your primary concern is high speed collision protection I'd personally go with an ARB/Ironman/TJM bullbar. However, for offroading this seems to offer a much better approach angle due to the reduced overhang and closeness to the body/fenders. It's not a damage multiplier since it would offer a level of protection when slowly bumping into a boulder/tree/etc.
Pretty sure our bumper will out perform any of those (nobody has volunteered their rig for crash testing yet) in a high speed collision.

Pretty sure our bumper will out perform any of those (nobody has volunteered their rig for crash testing yet) in a high speed collision.
Were they designed for the 100's crush rate to ensure the air bag triggering compatibility is not altered and or are you referring to the bumpers ability to withstand an animal strike?

The bull bars are also to prevent damage to important systems, such as the radiator, should an animal strike occur, which could leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Were they designed for the 100's crush rate to ensure the air bag triggering compatibility is not altered and or are you referring to the bumpers ability to withstand an animal strike?

Was referring to animal strike.

As far as crush rates go, did Toyota publish that data somewhere?

huh? I think maybe we missed paths here. A "damage multiplier" is what we call one of those brush guards that just bends into, and touches, every body panel after getting in a 5 mph crash.

Possibly, but most here when talking about bull bars are referring to the tube protection above a steel bumper. Think, TJM 13 vs 17 for instance. Many are probably curious if you will offer such an option.

Possibly, but most here when talking about bull bars are referring to the tube protection above a steel bumper. Think, TJM 13 vs 17 for instance. Many are probably curious if you will offer such an option.
the pics in post 74 don't show what you're looking for?

I have no idea what they've published. You answered my question though. Thanks
You bet!

Of note, if Toyota hasn't published the data (which I would be quite surprised if they did/would, and was never able to find anything anywhere), anybody who tells you their bumper is designed with that taken into consideration is lying to you. The "crush zone" for a 100 series (at least the early ones) is a piece of 1.5-2" (depending on where you measure) thick styrofoam, so just enough to keep the airbag from going off in a little fender bender. The ARB bumpers have a "crumple-zone" much like a full size pickup frame would have, have never seen a TJM bumper IRL to know what they do. All that being said, our bumper is a simple bolt and go setup designed to be very stout and protective of the vehicle.

Are we reading the same thread?

I was wondering if the bull bar would bend like the bolt on “grill guards” do. Or maybe rubbing a branch or tree...lol

I was wondering if the bull bar would bend like the bolt on “grill guards” do. Or maybe rubbing a branch or tree...lol
Gotcha. Absolutely will not bend like those things.

When will it be available? Where can it be bought? How much will this cost? Need any beta testers? Military discount? Anything for the 200 in development?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom