Delta Vehicle Systems Ceiling Storage Rack Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TNFZJ

Low Speed. High Drag.
GOLD Star
Threads
F1DACB31-C8C0-4AEA-9982-2072E89DC893.jpeg

5DD8E94E-02FA-498C-B0CA-DB1933D70E5C.jpeg

8B454C5E-E64A-4E82-B2AB-ACD355FE316C.jpeg

1D728DC4-943B-44BC-9647-AB8756599696.jpeg

C0C64F7C-6D23-4BA8-AE7C-D0E1344268BE.jpeg

643A8DFA-AC9C-4537-81E6-35771321BE7D.jpeg

D2743831-6479-4941-9116-453022B8AE61.jpeg

26F36039-D26F-4044-805C-4A19BAFD1B95.jpeg

4757223C-3399-4144-AE91-B430FFB279F6.jpeg

Once again @Delta VS produces another great product. Packaging was done with care. Powder coating was smooth and run free. They even tossed in an extra nut. One take away, the instructions say to get a buddy to help you. GET A BUDDY. The fit is tight and precise. The rack feels substantial and secure. Highly recommended to utilize the dead space of the cargo area.

Once again @Delta VS produces another great product. Packaging was done with care. Powder coating was smooth and run free. They even tossed in an extra nut. One take away, the instructions say to get a buddy to help you. GET A BUDDY. The fit is tight and precise. The rack feels substantial and secure. Highly recommended to utilize the dead space of the cargo area.
It's definitely a two-person job. The install was not fun, but I love mine now that's its in there.

It looks very precise. Whats the view looking back through the rear view mirror? Thanks.

It looks very precise. Whats the view looking back through the rear view mirror? Thanks.
Once installed, it does not block the view from the rear view mirror. Mind you, though, I just have the upper part if that makes sense. I'm really happy with it. It was some of the best money I spent on my 80.

It is a nice piece of kit. I ran mine with two Rotopax hanging from it for a couple years without issue. Delta does not recommend this! I no longer carry the 'Pax under it since they took up a lot of headroom. I do find that I tend to stuff it full of crap, and forget that I put it there. This has me looking for an alternative. Ideally, I'd like to replace it with a molle panel of some sort that hugs the ceiling so I can just strap stuff to it.

Nice install TNFZJ.

Back in 2019:
IMG_20190905_192318.jpg

Current setup:
PXL_20211106_143248503.jpg

Thank you @sxp I know what your saying.
I’ll probably use it for soft goods. Clean clothes, blankets, etc.

Pack them in there well. Nothing scares the crap out of you more than seeing something in the rearview that shouldn't be there. I can barely see the rack in my mirror, but I've had multiple times where a blanket or similar slips off the rack. All my brain registers for a brief second is that something just came through the hatch window!

I don't have the Delta attic rack, but I used their brackets to install a piece of retail grid for the same purpose. It's surely not as stout as the Delta attic rack, but it's a great place for jackets, towels, TP, hang a light from in camp. It is one of the most useful mods I've done to my truck, no doubt. I highly recommend some form of attic rack, you won't regret the time/money spent.

It is a nice piece of kit. I ran mine with two Rotopax hanging from it for a couple years without issue. Delta does not recommend this! I no longer carry the 'Pax under it since they took up a lot of headroom. I do find that I tend to stuff it full of crap, and forget that I put it there. This has me looking for an alternative. Ideally, I'd like to replace it with a molle panel of some sort that hugs the ceiling so I can just strap stuff to it.

Nice install TNFZJ.

Back in 2019:
View attachment 2846784

Current setup:
View attachment 2846785
what tailgate kit is that? Nice looking FJ80!

Would one work on a JDM 80? Looks like the mounts are there without the grab handles.
@Delta VS Joe Dirt special is the grab bar shelf mounts, which hold a 48" wide standard metal shelf.
They enable access to cargo on the shelf from both the rear AND second row. :clap:

Last edited:
Would one work on a JDM 80? Looks like the mounts are there without the grab handles.

View attachment 2847640

View attachment 2847641
Just pop those caps off and see if you have threaded holes in there. I would imagine you do, in which case you're in luck. You can also measure the distance between the holes, center to center, and repost your question to confirm if others have the same distance. It seems highly likely that the Delta VS rack mounts will work for you just fine.

Just pop those caps off and see if you have threaded holes in there. I would imagine you do, in which case you're in luck. You can also measure the distance between the holes, center to center, and repost your question to confirm if others have the same distance. It seems highly likely that the Delta VS rack mounts will work for you just fine.
They have been installed in many JDM rigs. The only issue we’ve ever run into is if there is a rear AC unit installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom