Degreasing under vehicle with hot pressure washer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Folks,

Is there a place in ABQ metro where I can drive up on long ramps, wear rain slicks, face shield and spray the HELL out of my rigs underneath? Cold water isn't gonna cut it, I need hot water. I don't need steam clean, I just want heated water. After wards, I plan to smoke a cigarette :hillbilly:

If there aren't any such place, then I'll rent a Hotsie hot pressure washer for a day and drag it to my place.

Folks,

Is there a place in ABQ metro where I can drive up on long ramps, wear rain slicks, face shield and spray the HELL out of my rigs underneath? Cold water isn't gonna cut it, I need hot water. I don't need steam clean, I just want heated water. After wards, I plan to smoke a cigarette :hillbilly:

If there aren't any such place, then I'll rent a Hotsie hot pressure washer for a day and drag it to my place.
At least you have a ramp to drive up on to.

Just crank up the water heater and hook the pressure washer up to a hot faucet?

Or the drain on the water heater. We need to flush them occasionally anyways.

Folks,

I want pictures!!🚒🚬

A cold pressure washer pump no likey hot water source. Impeller expands and pump seizes 😂

JOOLCA Hot Tap may be a product that could serve this purpose while also able to be used on camping trips. Just a thought. It probably doesn't have the pressure you want, but it's hot.

JOOLCA Hot Tap may be a product that could serve this purpose while also able to be used on camping trips. Just a thought. It probably doesn't have the pressure you want, but it's hot.
Nah, that won't work. Remember, I can easily run a hose from the water heater drain to do at home hot water washing just as easily but I need more pressure on top of hot water! I have a pressure washer too but those pumps aren't rated for incoming hot water.

Nah, that won't work. Remember, I can easily run a hose from the water heater drain to do at home hot water washing just as easily but I need more pressure on top of hot water! I have a pressure washer too but those pumps aren't rated for incoming hot water.

Then I guess it's time to scruba-dub-dub 😁

I want to spend a LONG time for maximum satisfaction with the "wand" :hillbilly:

Chalmers Ford in Rio Rancho has a cleaning station. I had a friend that worked there as a mechanic (but not with us any longer - ugg). I remember seeing the younger/junior mechanics cleaning underneath vehicles on a lift, to prep them for heavy maintenance. Looked like the kinda job that the senior mechanic's enjoyed assigning to the new guy. Not sure if they would let you use it or if you would have to pay them. It does exist though. I would call the service center just to confirm "no".

Here is a pressure washer adapter for undercarriage washing.

These guys often have good tips that you may be able to apply to your situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom