Death Valley Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you come from the North/East you can also go through Beatty, theres a back road that leads to Titus Canyon entering by going west into the park. If you stay the night in Beety you can also tour some random stuff around there like Moon rocks (below) for an easy trip to get you fired up. Thats what we did...

IMG-0057.JPG

Bumping. Anyone planning a trip the first weekend of 2021? Thinking of doing a first solo trip but would like to connect with someone.

I just visited a couple weeks ago. Winter is wonderful. Lows ranged from below thirty on east side to closer to 40 in the park. Very quiet. Bring something to do from 5-7 pm like a book or cards or something unless you want to wake up at 3Am
460780AB-751F-49AD-9934-04C232B5779A.jpeg

B65F09E8-3EE9-47A8-AB59-9ED4B2CD0395.jpeg

Just got back, ended up taking the 47 miles of gravel on the west road around bad water, blew a strut and tried to go explore but the shelf rock roads were no good for the Tercel.
Temps were excellent and no crowds, but it was Christmas.

3C07DF65-657F-48CB-B201-A6192998D629.jpeg

DC262EA8-F7BE-438F-BA4B-78B50D870414.jpeg

732DD7DB-1A84-4BBE-8623-FF628620E64D.jpeg

Looking for input

My itinerary is

Enter the DV Park on Saturday at 7 AM through Titus, then Ubehebe Crater, Teakettle Junction then camp at Racetrack Playa.

Now for Sunday Mesquite Flat Dunes, then head back to Los Angeles.

I really want to squeeze in Eureka this weekend. Is it a long route to Eureka from the racetrack? Google says 3.5 hours drive. Any suggestion for a shorter route? Sunday I need to leave the park latest at 2 PM.

After Mesquite Flat Dunes I'd recommending taking the 190 to panamint valley rd, check out Ballarat ghost town Ballarat (Ghost Town) - https://goo.gl/maps/nita8ZzafqkmojnB6 (optional) and then Trona Pinnacles Trona Pinnacles - https://goo.gl/maps/fCUhMrhcSoczVr458 (must see if you haven't).
OH nice! Ty! I will check it out. Its on the way home.

Also will you guys drive 25 miles of paved road on 15PSI? I'm kinda lazy and don't want to air up in between trails

Also will you guys drive 25 miles of paved road on 15PSI? I'm kinda lazy and don't want to air up in between trails
I do, drove 80 miles home at 18psi from a semi-local trail last weekend in the FJ40 because of said lazyness.

Most of the roads in DV are well maintained graded dirt roads, done most of the park including playa race track in my model 3.

IMG_8491.JPG

IMG_8569.JPG

I see rhah's tercel did something similar.

I do, drove 80 miles home at 18psi from a semi-local trail last weekend in the FJ40 because of said lazyness.

Most of the roads in DV are well maintained graded dirt roads, done most of the park including playa race track in my model 3.

View attachment 2562063

View attachment 2562064

I see rhah's tercel did something similar.
Nice! Then I should be able to get to my destination relatively quick.

Not a big deal. Take it kind of slow is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom