Death of a Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just like a faithful dog who takes the bullet while ripping the thug's throat out, the 80 did its job. Glad to hear things are mostly OK and hoping that the heel has a full recovery.

I had something similar happen to a bone in my wrist, something you never know about until you break it and the docs get all concerned. Followed doc's orders and came through OK, never would know I broke it now, unlike some other parts of me...:p

God speed on your recovery... Glad you are OK.... Cruiser did her job well.

PS...how fast was he traveling??? Broken axle is amazing

I know I was doing 55 mph. I assume he was doing that or greater. The accident report does not mention it and I did not think to ask the officer.

condolences to you and your cruiser

I am sorry to hear such a tragedy fell upon you; your family; and a once perfectly good Land Cruiser. I am not surprised that you survived though. Their reliability and sturdy construction is one of the reasons why I purchased mine.

If its the Eastman Rd in Dallas, then I am familiar with that stretch. It can get pretty hairy at times in regards to drivers and traffic.

I hope your recovery goes well and that the kids can take care of you for awhile.

I am sorry to hear such a tragedy fell upon you; your family; and a once perfectly good Land Cruiser. I am not surprised that you survived though. Their reliability and sturdy construction is one of the reasons why I purchased mine.

If its the Eastman Rd in Dallas, then I am familiar with that stretch. It can get pretty hairy at times in regards to drivers and traffic.

I hope your recovery goes well and that the kids can take care of you for awhile.

It is actually the Eastman Rd in Longview. I am now convinced it is hairy, too. I can also say i was responsible for shutting the road down, if even for a short time!;)

Meanwhile, I will have plenty of down time to look at all the cool photos I have taken of the many marvelous places my 80 has taken my family!!!

Enjoy the pictures and memories and don't be afraid to shed a tear or two for your LC. I've been told that 'car' people feel this as the loss of a loved one. We may all just be forum friends but it's good to hear you're okay and taking this in stride.

I feel your pain, literally...
554563_3483692142196_1399896149_n.jpg

Enjoy the pictures and memories and don't be afraid to shed a tear or two for your LC. I've been told that 'car' people feel this as the loss of a loved one. We may all just be forum friends but it's good to hear you're okay and taking this in stride.

I feel your pain, literally...
554563_3483692142196_1399896149_n.jpg

Wow! Was that recent? Regardless, I can tell that truck was loved. I hope you find another truck that will protect you as well.

Wow! Was that recent? Regardless, I can tell that truck was loved. I hope you find another truck that will protect you as well.

Just this August. Yes, it was very loved - our kids keep asking why we're not getting it back. Being realistic in knowing it may take years to find the right Wagoneer so I'm (hopefully) going FZJ80 in the meantime.

Just this August. Yes, it was very loved - our kids keep asking why we're not getting it back. Being realistic in knowing it may take years to find the right Wagoneer so I'm (hopefully) going FZJ80 in the meantime.

Mt kids are the same way. We bought my 80 a year before my son was born. He is eight, My girls are twelve and thirteen. Needless to say, this is the truck they all remember.

You will be happy with an 80. They are good, tough vehicles. And yes, you can put three across in car seats. They touch and fight regardless of position or car seat!

Thanks for the info and words of encouragement. Hoping you get better sooner than later.

Mt kids are the same way. We bought my 80 a year before my son was born. He is eight, My girls are twelve and thirteen. Needless to say, this is the truck they all remember.

You will be happy with an 80. They are good, tough vehicles. And yes, you can put three across in car seats. They touch and fight regardless of position or car seat!

Here is a pic of me and my truck!
image-2971811286.jpg

They cut both doors off. I remember one of the guys commenting to do whatever to get me out because there was no way we were going to use it as a backup truck!
image-350540891.jpg

wow that is a really bad crash, looks like a really hard impact. im glad you made it out alive, any other car and might not have been here today. i hope you make a full recovery very soon and find another 80!

Glad to hear you are ok! Stories like this make me appreciate my purchase! I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you family gets the justice it deserves and receive a new land cruiser in memory of your old one!

Wow Marde, just wow.

I'm glad you are Ok and the truck did do an admirable job giving it's all to protect you.

You'll find another to replace it.

Wow. Glad you are ok.

Holy Cannoli!

Hope you get better soon and good luck in the new hunt for an 80!

Wow, glad you were able to walk away, well walk may be a reach right now but soon. Shows yet again how amazingly strong these rigs are.

That axle is sheared straight in two, I have never seen on broken soo cleanly, just amazing.

Again, glad you are up and going, I showed my wife the pictures and told her this is why she needs an 80 to drive.

Holy Crap!

Good to see you came out relatively well. Im still amazed that these trucks being as old as they are hold up so well. I showed my wife the pics of your truck and reminded her why Im keeping ours.

I was in a similar wreck in a Contour SVT 5 years ago(impact was pass. offset, I was driving) and came out much worse.

I had a nasty tib/fib frax on the left leg and heel frax on the right foot. Doc told me the same thing-long recovery, wont be doing the same things and wouldnt be a medic/firefighter again. At 9 months I was back on the job. Year mark I was like it never happened. Had some of the tib/fib hardware removed this year to make biking easier.

Doc originally told me to find a new line of work and wouldnt be the same again.

Hang in there and push like hell thru recovery and rehab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom