Dealer installed oem shocks and springs. Now leaning to the right. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my shocks and springs replaced today. I also had the 10mm oem spacers added up front. Now i am leaning about an inch to the right. Taking it back tomorrow to have the dealer inspect the lean and hopefully fix. Other than the springs being installed on the wrong side is there anything else i should request they inspect?

I took measurements from center of hub to fender and below are the figures:
Front left 21.25
Front right 20.25
Rear left 21
Rear right 20.25

All of the springs i purchased had different part numbers, including the front:
Front left 48131-60D21
Front right 48131-60D40
Rear left 48231-60B11
Rear right 48231-60
20230413_184847.jpg
A20

Last edited:
They should be able to verify correct spring placement by the paint marks.

Sounds like they didn't know what they were doing with KDSS. They need to release all the control arm bolts, balance KDSS, then tighten everything back up.

They should be able to verify correct spring placement by the paint marks.

Sounds like they didn't know what they were doing with KDSS. They need to release all the control arm bolts, balance KDSS, then tighten everything back up.
Is this something i need to explain to the dealer what the balancing procedure is, or should i just be able to tell them to balance the kdss?

Is this something i need to explain to the dealer what the balancing procedure is, or should i just be able to tell them to balance the kdss?

They may not have much experience with KDSS but the balancing procedure is in the factory service procedures,is really simple and doesn't involve any special tools. Really, if a dealer installed the suspension they should have done it, but you can never tell if the tech had any idea what those parts are even are.

Thanks for the feedback.

LC went back in. I advised to balance the kdss. Received a call from the dealer just now and they advised me the Tech bled the system to level the truck. This does not sound right.

Bleeding doesn't sound right to me, unless that it what it's called. I would think they just crack open the 2 screws 3 turns and let it level, then tighten them back up.

I would recheck it in 24 hours.

Sounds more like the springs maybe swapped right to left. I would have them double check the parts are in the right places.

I would have them double check they put the springs in on the correct side.

I got the LC back from the dealer with more of an explanation. The LC is now only off by a quarter of an inch.

They advised that they followed the service manual, and loosened the to two valves. To do this they opened the bleeder valve. A very small amout of fluid came out the bleeder. About the size of a quarter on a rag.

I looked underneath when i returned home. I did notice fluid on the undercarriage. Not much though.🤔

You have got to be kidding me - they opened the KDSS balance valves more than 3 full turns and allowed fluid out?

KDSS is a closed system - no fluid should ever escape it. The system ( if I’m not mistaken) is in excess of 500 psi and needs a special machine to re-pressurize once the system has been opened.

You have got to be kidding me - they opened the KDSS balance valves more than 3 full turns and allowed fluid out?

KDSS is a closed system - no fluid should ever escape it. The system ( if I’m not mistaken) is in excess of 500 psi and needs a special machine to re-pressurize once the system has been opened.
They advised the followed the service manual, by turning the vavles in addition to the bleeder valve...The bleeder valve being opened did not sound right to me though.

Will not be taking it back. Hopefully, it does not impact the system long term.

If they de-pressurized the KDSS system, then you theoretically don’t have any sway bars while driving on the street.

If they de-pressurized the KDSS system, then you theoretically don’t have any sway bars while driving on the street.
They’d get a lot more than a quarter sized fluid spot if they depressurized it.. so hopefully things aren’t that far gone.

But the fact they didn’t know or care to balance the system when they installed the shocks and springs says a lot about their technical ability.

It seems to handle good now. I got under the LC and found what appears to be hydraulic fluid.
20230414_214425.jpg
20230414_214307.jpg
20230414_214457.jpg

I call bogus on the quarter sized amount of fluid. Looks like they opened up the system and it sprayed out.

They advised the followed the service manual, by turning the vavles in addition to the bleeder valve...The bleeder valve being opened did not sound right to me though.

Will not be taking it back. Hopefully, it does not impact the system long term.
The only bleeding should be you, when you get the bill.

The only bleeding should be you, when you get the bill.
Not the best week. They also replaced my water pump. I looked under the hood tonight and i have a line leaking above the serp belt on the passenger side.
I am thinking it might be a transmission cooler line. But will have to look closer tomorrow.

Not the best week. They also replaced my water pump. I looked under the hood tonight and i have a line leaking above the serp belt on the passenger side.
I am thinking it might be a transmission cooler line. But will have to look closer tomorrow.
Copy that. Take your medication and go lie down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom