SOLD DC-DC Converter, SDC-30; Boise, Id (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Samlex DC-DC Converter. 24V to 12V step-down converter. I used this in my 24v BJ75, but recently added a REDARC controller and house battery, so don't need this anymore.

Rated for 30amps.

$60 Shipped CONUS.

20201025_154955.jpg

20201025_155005.jpg

20201025_155011.jpg

No issues at all so far. I don't have to reset my radio or clock anymore either as my radio is on the house battery. I just have to turn it on/off as it's not switched.

I haven't wired in my solar panel yet, so not sure how that will effect it, but it shouldn't be too difficult to add, there's a dedicated wire for solar and I think it's plug and play. One thing that would be nice to have that the Redarc doesn't do is the ability to jump start myself from the house battery. I'd need to add another spendy solenoid to get that feature. I think one of those new-fangled Li-ion jump packs would be less expensive and work just as well and require less labor to install...

No issues at all so far. I don't have to reset my radio or clock anymore either as my radio is on the house battery. I just have to turn it on/off as it's not switched.

I haven't wired in my solar panel yet, so not sure how that will effect it, but it shouldn't be too difficult to add, there's a dedicated wire for solar and I think it's plug and play. One thing that would be nice to have that the Redarc doesn't do is the ability to jump start myself from the house battery. I'd need to add another spendy solenoid to get that feature. I think one of those new-fangled Li-ion jump packs would be less expensive and work just as well and require less labor to install...
I too have the Redarc. I figured that if I ever needed to self-jump I could just use cables from my house battery to my main.

I though about that, but need longer cables than I carry in my Troopy and the house battery terminals are in a hard spot to get clamps on. I'd have to pull the battery lout to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom