SOLD Dbq, Iowa: 2000 LC, 109k miles, Upgrades, No Rust, $16k o.b.o!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*****SOLD***** ******SOLD****** ******SOLD******

-2000 Land Cruiser
-VIN # JT3HT05J7Y0110779
-Current mileage: 109,XXX

-Clean title in hand
-Asking $16,000 or best offer

Purchased this rig sight unseen from a Mud member in March 2017. Flew to Denver and drove it home shortly after it flipped 90k on the odometer. Came with a stack of paperwork and maintenance records, and I have added considerably to it. If you’re looking for a tastefully built, rust free, low mileage (unlocked) Hundy that needs zero maintenance, look no further.

Notable maintenance and upgrades completed by previous owner:

- Timing belt at 85k
- OEM CV’s at 86k
- (2) new OEM front door lock actuators in 2015
- $4,700 Stereo system/remote start/backup cam installed professionally by Car Toys of Greely, CO in August 2015
- OME torsion bars and front shocks installed to level the stance in Feb 2016 by Bullhide 4x4 of Fort Collins, CO

Since I took ownership in March 2017:

- 4/2017 @ 91,562 miles: L.E.D. bulbs in instrument cluster / HVAC and shifter panels, also installed new OEM heater tees
- 4/2017 @ 92,125 miles: Front end alignment / Front wheel bearing repack / grease (Toyota Dealership)
- 4/2017 (2) OEM cabin air filters
- 5/2017 Slee group 31 battery tray / Odyssey PC-2150 / Alt-s fuse upgrade
- 9/2017 @ 96,217 miles: OEM upper/lower radiator hoses / OEM thermostat / new pink Toyota coolant / new OEM air filter
- 10/2017 Gamiviti Expo + rack install with rear mesh and gussets (no sunroof cut out)
- 2/2018 Curt class III trailer hitch and wire harness installed
- 3/2018 @ 101,599 miles: (8) Denso spark plugs / OEM fuel filter / rear Old Man Emu shocks (previous owner only replaced fronts) / OEM belt tensioner, idler pulley, and serpentine belt / OEM PCV valve and grommet
- 5/2018 @ 102,966 miles: Power steering fluid flush / clean resi & fill with Mobil 1 ATF
- 7/2018 @ 105,098 miles: 10mm OME rear coil spacer in driver’s side to correct lean
- 10/2018 @ 107,665 miles: Front brake pads, machine rotors, replace front passenger side brake hose, brake fluid flush (Toyota Dealership)

Prior to its first midwest winter here in the rust belt I shot the undercarriage with 6 rattle cans of Fluid Film. As you can see from the pics, the undercarriage looks excellent, the way it looked when I drove it out of Colorado. Washed and detailed regularly, and waxed a couple of times over the last 2 years. I have really enjoyed owning this LC and will be sad to see it go. I would feel comfortable driving it anywhere. I’ve always changed the oil every 5k using Mobil 1 and used OEM Toyota filters. It has a Fumoto drain valve and I still have the original drain plug. Always greased regularly. Has had only top tier, ethanol-free, premium gasoline. Have (5) late model Landcruiser/Sequoia rims with (5) LT285/60/18 D range BFG AT2 tires, with 5 tire rotations done with each oil change, every 5k. Spidertrax spacers in the front to clear the center caps. Although I hardly use them, the sunroof and rear vent windows all function as intended, without leaks. Heated seats work better than the wife's 2018 4Runner! I corrected the saggy rear wiper. Leather in pretty good shape, regularly treated with Leatherique. A/C blows cold, rear HVAC works as it should. Did a mud flap delete similar to what LandCruiserPhil sells, but with the stock plastic and bumper for a nice clean look. The Clifford alarm/remote start has a 1 mile range and comes with 2 fobs (the main with 2 way feedback). Stereo consists of a Kenwood touch screen with Garmin Navigation, XM/Sirius, CD, and back up camera. Focal component speakers in the doors, 5 channel Alpine amp, and a single JL Audio 8 inch sub. Sounds fantastic. Non-smoker, very clean interior.

Other Odds and Ends:

- Huge stack of paperwork with all receipts for parts purchased and all service receipts
- Scanguage II programmed to display Transmission temperature
- Front Weathertech mats
- iPod/iPhone hookup in glove box
- PFran interior LED’s in dome lights and doors
- OEM radio included
- McMaster Carr CV clamps (only put on 2 spots that were starting to seep grease, but bought the whole kit to replace all of them, will include with sale)
- Also will include a couple YZZD3 OEM oil filters and what I have left of Mobil 1 5w30 (probably around 10 quarts)

A couple issues I’d like to point out for full disclosure:

- OEM windshield has a few rock chips. Previous owner told me since they aren’t in the driver’s field of vision and hadn’t got any worse he elected to keep the factory installed windshield intact, since they are so easy to botch up and subsequently leak. In my 2 years of ownership they haven’t spread or got any worse whatsoever. As stated, the driver (and usually the passenger) don’t even notice them.

- It has a very slight transfer case leak. I periodically pull the fill plug to check the level and I’ve never added any fluid. It is garage kept and doesn’t drip on my concrete. Just enough to give the case that “wet” appearance. I was quoted 2 grand by my local Toyota dealership to drop the case, split it open, re-seal and re-install. Obviously I elected to monitor to see if it gets worse rather than fork over that kind of coin. It has never got any worse, 4wd/Center Diff lock operate as intended.

- I only have the grey valet key. The previous owner said the master key is in a box up under the dash and is part of the alarm/remote start system. I have never verified this, but I imagine it’s necessary for the remote start system to operate correctly.

- No 3rd row seats or cargo area floor mat

- Normal rock chips here in there in the Champagne Pearl paint, and some door ding/chip marks in the driver’s side door handle area in particular (will include a bottle of touch up paint with purchase).

- No D dash light (I elected to leave this alone when I did the LED dash bulbs)

- Power antenna does not function

Selling because I am looking to get into a new Tacoma with a manual transmission, (need a truck bed and missing the 3rd pedal). Willing to pick up the buyer at the Dubuque, Iowa Regional Airport - the Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa - or possibly even O’hare or Midway in Chicago. The old girl gets an average 0f 14 - 15 mpg, which is damn near perfect by a Hundy’s standards!! Not interested in shipping her. Open to offers.

Thanks, Nate

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Last edited:
BUMP, Price lowered from $17.5 to $16k, would like to get her sold!

Mileage updated (being driven daily)

Fresh Mobil 1 oil change and tire rotation.

Hi Nate, I live 1 1/2 hours away from you in West Union, Iowa. I have a Nautical Blue Metallic 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 door truck with an Icon Stage 3 lift and manual transmission I purchased out of New Mexico 2 years ago. It has 126xxx miles on it. It is rust free except for the typical surface rust just starting on the frame welds, etc (it's been in Iowa 1 full winter - you understand :( ) and does have a few surface scratches and paint chips. My plan is to sell my truck and purchase an 80 series Cruiser but I may, MAY, be interested in a trade plus cash deal. If you had an 80 series I would be a done deal :).

Hi Nate, I live 1 1/2 hours away from you in West Union, Iowa. I have a Nautical Blue Metallic 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 door truck with an Icon Stage 3 lift and manual transmission I purchased out of New Mexico 2 years ago. It has 126xxx miles on it. It is rust free except for the typical surface rust just starting on the frame welds, etc (it's been in Iowa 1 full winter - you understand :( ) and does have a few surface scratches and paint chips. My plan is to sell my truck and purchase an 80 series Cruiser but I may, MAY, be interested in a trade plus cash deal. If you had an 80 series I would be a done deal :).

Sounds like a sweet 2nd gen - I appreciate the offer but I really am only interested in a cash deal. Wish you luck finding your 80!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom