Day Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I am newer to the area I am asking for ideas for day runs. These would be trips that I would be taking by myself, unless someone else wants to tag along. I do have a good bit of off roading knowledge, but am waiting on parts to arrive or manufactures to catch up on backorder/log, before doing anything in the hard/difficult category of off roading. I have been doing a good bit of planning using Gaia but just don't know the area enough to take off and go without a little local knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your ideas/help.

Will

Since I am newer to the area I am asking for ideas for day runs. These would be trips that I would be taking by myself, unless someone else wants to tag along. I do have a good bit of off roading knowledge, but am waiting on parts to arrive or manufactures to catch up on backorder/log, before doing anything in the hard/difficult category of off roading. I have been doing a good bit of planning using Gaia but just don't know the area enough to take off and go without a little local knowledge.

Will
a few ideas are all good for a solo run , if you let members know i or others may join you .
cleghorn trail
lytle creek area ...........note several easy trails to try
burns canyon (2N02 forest road ) ..................note from this main trail there are several "spurs" that can be good for solo runs . careful not to take a difficult trail .
hungry valley SVRA , to the north of LA
johnson valley SVRA high desert

Calico area is also a good choice. I believe that either @DirtyRice Joe or @bdobyns has the Gaia coordinates of the trail the club took in January.
Yes, I do have those routes on my Gaia GPS. I think I've opened up my Routes, Tracks, etc... to be visible to all. However, I'm not sure how that works with Gaia. You may need the Premium membership? Take a look and let me know. I'll be glad to show you what I have the next time we get together.

Will
In addition to club member input, two other good resources are trailsoffroad .com and "Southern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells.

In addition to club member input, two other good resources are trailsoffroad .com and "Southern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells.
I'm slowly learning the Gaia and all the other resources on YT and Google. I do have the premium on Gaia.

Went from Pioneertown to Hesperia yesterday via Burns Canyon, Holcomb Valley, & Coxey Road.

Are any of the trais between HWY 2 and 39 truck trails? Everything that I am see on GAIA GPS says foot, horse or hike. For instance Rincon Red Box Truck Trail, Forest Route 2N24, or Pigeon Ridge Fire Road? I was looking to do a trail Sat or Sun.

Are any of the trais between HWY 2 and 39 truck trails? Everything that I am see on GAIA GPS says foot, horse or hike. For instance Rincon Red Box Truck Trail, Forest Route 2N24, or Pigeon Ridge Fire Road? I was looking to do a trail Sat or Sun.
I don't know that area, but I'm not aware of any 4WD trails in that area.

I was planning a day run for Saturday myself . Maybe @ Lytle creek areas?
Or something else?
Contact me directly if interested.
Marc Mason

Anyone interested in a run on Saturday? I was think of Lytle since I wasn't able to go last weekend when Marc @oc cruiser 97 mentioned it.

Anyone interested in a run on Saturday? I was think of Lytle since I wasn't able to go last weekend when Marc @oc cruiser 97 mentioned it.

i may be able to, but have a bday to attend at noon.. so would have to be morning or afternoon for me (and my 16 month old daughter).

Anyone interested in a run this weekend?

I am interested. Any particular destination?
Hey Dat, Looks like the temps are going to increase throughout the week and I am sure people will be looking for some relief. I was thinking about the Santa Rosa Truck Trail 7S02 up to Toro Peak. But I am open to suggestions.

Hey Dat, Looks like the temps are going to increase throughout the week and I am sure people will be looking for some relief. I was thinking about the Santa Rosa Truck Trail 7S02 up to Toro Peak. But I am open to suggestions.
That’s a new one for me. Is that going to be a day run? I have dinner plan on Saturday and out club meeting is Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom