Day Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone want to go exploring Saturday?

Don't have any particular place in mind. Was going to do some looking on GaiaGPS tomorrow after work.

I think what I have in mind is more suited for a Sunday run since we will have all day. Or until the ghost and goblins come out.

I've done about as much research as I can on GAIAGPS and the San Bernardino National Forest website.

Start/meet at HWY38 and Forest Road 1N12 34.10141, -117.02326
1N12 ends back on Hwy 38 at The Oak in Angelus Oak, where we will travel about 1500 feet on HWY 38 to Mill Creek or Middle Control Road (depending on what map you are looking at). Mill Creek to Forest Road 1N54 up to Clark Summit. There we will get on 2N10 which will take us to the parking lot at Bear Mountain (Golden Mine).

For Saturday, since it would be a half day, I was thinking Maple Spring to the North Main divide, which I heard was open now to 74.

Let me know what you think.

I think what I have in mind is more suited for a Sunday run since we will have all day. Or until the ghost and goblins come out.

I've done about as much research as I can on GAIAGPS and the San Bernardino National Forest website.

1N12 ends back on Hwy 38 at The Oak in Angelus Oak, where we will travel about 1500 feet on HWY 38 to Mill Creek or Middle Control Road (depending on what map you are looking at). Mill Creek to Forest Road 1N54 up to Clark Summit. There we will get on 2N10 which will take us to the parking lot at Bear Mountain (Golden Mine).

For Saturday, since it would be a half day, I was thinking Maple Spring to the North Main divide, which I heard was open now to 74.

Both options look good to me. Are the trails just standard forest roads? I don't want to get stuck for a long time trying to clear difficult obstacles, I have to get home by 6 so I don't miss trick or treating.

See you both at 9 am on Sunday
I’m here at the trailhead 50 minutes past our 9 am planned but no DoneThoo2 or Sidesx4. I can’t raise DoneThoo2 on the phone and I don’t have another way to contact Sidesx4. I fear something happened to both of them. I’ll wait until 10….

I’m here at the trailhead 50 minutes past our 9 am planned but no DoneThoo2 or Sidesx4. I can’t raise DoneThoo2 on the phone and I don’t have another way to contact Sidesx4. I fear something happened to both of them. I’ll wait until 10….
They found me! Had a great time. All is good in Landcruiser space.

Good little run today.

Thanks for leading the run today.
20211031_124436.jpg

Coincidentally I just did nearly the same run. Pretty easy, great views!

6A40EB45-0C56-4BB3-983D-A3759B8D3D44.jpeg

9BFF7297-DD9F-4913-88DD-B57A4FB79005.jpeg

D7B0E1E8-14A0-4629-8BB0-74A0B65B9231.jpeg

If anyone is interested going to meet at Cleghorn off the 15 at 9 tomorrow the 13 of Nov. Cleghorn to Silverwood then down 2N49 Bailey Canyon Road.

If anyone is interested going to meet at Cleghorn off the 15 at 9 tomorrow the 13 of Nov. Cleghorn to Silverwood then down 2N49 Bailey Canyon Road.
I’ll be there. If we find a good tree or a good spot along the run, I’d like to warm up the winch with some practice pulls….

Another good day on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom