Dash Speakers - how big? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How big of speakers have you guys fit in the dash of the 70s? I know they are 4” rounds, but do they have to stay pretty shallow as well? My plan is to have my speakers bought before tearing into the dash.

Not necessarily all tbhat shallow, but not much clearance in front of the cone ( 2 ways with tweeter).
Hard to find 4" seperate components, but that will be what i do next time

I put in some cheap kicker 4" coaxials. But i ordered a pair of the focals mentioned above. I'll keep you posted on how they fit ( maybe even a pic or 2)

Polk DB402

Replaced the passenger side speaker with one of these, but I am still trying to figure out how to access the drivers side speaker.
The sound from the passenger side speaker is quite good.
The price was $45 for the set.

View attachment 1999312

Polk DB402

Replaced the passenger side speaker with one of these, but I am still trying to figure out how to access the drivers side speaker.
The sound from the passenger side speaker is quite good.
The price was $45 for the set.
Unfortunately you have remove the instrument cluster but fortunately that is really easy.

I have to do this soon. I end up doing a few practical things on the “to do” list and then a fun thing. Just got done replacing alternator, have a few gauges to put in, EGR delete to do, AND speakers....
I don’t have enough time for this truck! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom