dash board removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What kind of truck do you have (year, model, etc) - add this to your sig line. Without knowing, I would suggest a crow bar and an air hammer :D

You may just be able to 'pop' the lighter to access the plug without removing the dash

Check sleeoffroad web site as Christo has good detailed instructions for installing the CDL switch (look at the CDL switch page under electrical parts). Here's the link -

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/installation/difflock_install.htm

It's pretty easy - just remove the 2 screws for where the dash mounted cup holder wouid go and the ashtray screws and then gently pull off.

While you're at it, order the CDL switch from Slee before you start and do it at the same time ;)

R

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=9719;start=msg85491#msg85491 date=1073407466]

While you're at it, order the CDL switch from Slee before you start and do it at the same time ;)

R
[/quote]

Or Cdan ;)

sorry for the confusion. i have a 100 series. please any help would be greatly appriciated

Ok in that case I'll second the suggestion to put your rig's details into the signature line. Go to your profile and add it, it's easy to do.

Here I was sweating about the year of your 80. :rolleyes:

I've got no idea about the dash in the 100 series, sorry bud.

Riley

LOL Riley, I was thinking the same thing.

Helps if you let us know the details like what model the truck is. ::) :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

For the 100, either BFH and prybar or look around for some similiar as to how the instructions tell you to do it for an 80. Can't be that tough.

BWBSKI:

Not having a dash with me, I can't be sure - but I would have thought there is way to access the plug without having to remove the dash. What are you trying to do (ie upgrade to constant-on power with higher amp draw, tap into the power to power something else, etc) - we may be able to suggest other alternatives as well.

Cheers, Hugh

I don't know anything about your 100 but the cig lighter on the 80 is not the best source for power. The 80 cig lighter has a fusible link (of sorts,) is on a fairly small fuse, has a small gauge wire, and is switched power.

FWIW.
-B-

im trying to power the switch on my fog lights on my 98 100 series

Come on bwbski, give us more information if you want assistance.

Are you trying to send this 12v power to the fog lights, to the light in the fog light switch, using the switch to trip a relay... or what?

-B-

im am trying to power the switch on the fog light harness. yes it does have a relay and the fog light power is hooked up to the battery. the instructions say to hook it up to the positive wire going to the low beams, that way the lights will only be able to be run while the low beam lights are on. i want to be able to run my fog lights with the low, high, and no other lights on. thanks for the assistance

why not just tap a 'switched' 12v source at the fuse block? easier than prying the dash off and tapping into the lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom