Dash Board Knob Restoration tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
The lettering on my dashboard knobs was faded and did not stand out. I took some white paint and a fine paintbrush and painted the lettering. This of course covers the front of the knob. After each application, it took three attempts to get it done, I wiped the knob to get the paint off the face. When I was done, I wet a rag with goof off and rubbed the face of the knobs clean. The lettering being in a crevace, does not get wiped clean or any of the goof off. The lettering now is bright white.

Note: you may have to clean out the grooves of the lettering first to remove any gunk or build up.

Just thought I would share.

ken

also, if you really feel ambitious, use glow in the dark hobby paint. it is white in the day and glows ever so faintly at niight

Really good Idears. Thanks, both!

i used to use crayons, but i like that glow in the dark idea.

WHAT's the story on that avatar, Ige?

so many of the guys get to stare a boobies in their avatars...i felt we women needed something good to stare at.

I was going to use red paint on the Hazard, but I think I'll try the glow in the dark stuff.

IGE - I didn't know you were a girl. Is Ige short for something? The only reason I mention it is I was wondering about the picture as well.

well that sure explains the avatar, but I do think we find it "uncomfortable".

Yeah, but I am much more comfortable knowing its a girl. :D

[quote author=romer link=board=1;threadid=10178;start=msg91083#msg91083 date=1074315795]
Yeah, but I am much more comfortable knowing its a girl. :D
[/quote]
Ditto

[quote author=tewlman link=board=1;threadid=10178;start=msg91078#msg91078 date=1074315476]
well that sure explains the avatar, but I do think we find it "uncomfortable".
[/quote]

yep, i'm a woman.
i think staring at bimbos in guys avatars, cruiser calendars, 4x4 magazines, 4x4 parts ads, etc is uncomfortable, too...i've just kinda had it, so this is my outlet.

Fair enough. For what it's worth. I didn't think the bouncing boobs was PC (politically Correct) for our coed Forum.

Being a guy I of course found it more interesting, but I can see how it would make you uncomfortable. We should not try and offend anyone here. Good natured humor is of course acceptable.

If we want to go any further we should probably move this to the Chit-Chat Forum. We have gotton away from the Tech stuff.

So, uuummh, what color glow in the dark paint has anyone tried for the hazard?

Ha-ha, Ige. I figured that's what you were up to! You go, Girl! Just wondered where the picture of the 3 stooges came from! That from a movie or something?

Well, my hazard switch lettering is red, so I'll have to try that color paint.

Bouncing boobs isn't politically correct? Oh yeah Clinton is out of office now! :slap: :D .

Give that man a cigar....er, whatever.

I swear I did not look at the Bouncing Boobs

Depends on how you define look. Glance, and stare are not the same as look.

[glow=red,2,300]Disclaimer : The author is not intending to offend anyone politically. Any poltical slander taken is purely the fault of the reader.[/glow]

I support you Ige. The only problem you have is you live in Commerce City! Which oil refinary do you live by?

[quote author=romer link=board=1;threadid=10178;start=msg91212#msg91212 date=1074353297]

I support you Ige. The only problem you have is you live in Commerce City! Which oil refinary do you live by?
[/quote]

actually, i'm in the northern edge of "mehico", so it takes a rare strong wind for any of the smells from the refineries, stock show, purina mill (easily worse than the refineries), rendering plant, or slaughterhouse to reach my place. nice quiet street...most everyone speaks english, and, best of all...NO COVENANTS to tell me how many cars i can have, whether or not they have to be licensed, whether or not i can have my garage open, work in my driveway, what color i can paint my front door, where i can locate my mailbox...that was the second most important decision. the first being the two minute drive to work.

p.s. i'm upper class cause all my cars have tires/wheels, all the tires have air, and 50% are driveable. :flipoff2:

:)

[quote author=nuclearlemon link=board=1;threadid=10178;start=msg91227#msg91227 date=1074355271]
actually, i'm in the northern edge of "mehico", so it takes a rare strong wind for any of the smells from the refineries, stock show, purina mill (easily worse than the refineries), rendering plant, or slaughterhouse to reach my place. nice quiet street...most everyone speaks english, and, best of all...NO COVENANTS to tell me how many cars i can have, whether or not they have to be licensed, whether or not i can have my garage open, work in my driveway, what color i can paint my front door, where i can locate my mailbox...that was the second most important decision. the first being the two minute drive to work.

p.s. i'm upper class cause all my cars have tires/wheels, all the tires have air, and 50% are driveable. :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom