Dash accessory mount for Lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any update? I'll be your guinea pig.

Ordered same. Is this similar to the gimiviti unit where you drill into the speaker cover and it sits on top?
based on the website it is similar. to the vendor’s point, I would rather drill into a dash screen in lieu of the dash or even putting adhesive onto the dash. If I do not like it, it’s an easy correction.

one thing that I noticed is different is I didn’t see a hole in the mount that would allow you to route power down through the screen/dash into the head unit or tie directly into the aux port. I am going to look at drilling a hole in the mount or screen separately.

if anyone has suggestions, please advise.

based on the website it is similar. to the vendor’s point, I would rather drill into a dash screen in lieu of the dash or even putting adhesive onto the dash. If I do not like it, it’s an easy correction.

one thing that I noticed is different is I didn’t see a hole in the mount that would allow you to route power down through the screen/dash into the head unit or tie directly into the aux port. I am going to look at drilling a hole in the mount or screen separately.

This product mounts to the metal mesh that is covering the dash insert. Any holes needed will need to be drilled through the mesh.

The Gamiviti product replaces the entire mesh screens, by removing the entire insert and then removing the mesh from the insert and putting his panel in place of the mesh. The Gamiviti panel has holes, but can also be customized. Technically you could go back to completely stock from the Gamiviti panel, since you don’t actually put holes in anything other than the panel.

With the bar being sold here, you would not be able to remove it without all the holes being there. Should caveat all that by saying that a new dash insert from Toyota is not that expensive, if you decided to go back to stock.

This product mounts to the metal mesh that is covering the dash insert. Any holes needed will need to be drilled through the mesh.

The Gamiviti product replaces the entire mesh screens, by removing the entire insert and then removing the mesh from the insert and putting his panel in place of the mesh. The Gamiviti panel has holes, but can also be customized. Technically you could go back to completely stock from the Gamiviti panel, since you don’t actually put holes in anything other than the panel.

With the bar being sold here, you would not be able to remove it without all the holes being there. Should caveat all that by saying that a new dash insert from Toyota is not that expensive, if you decided to go back to stock.
Thanks. Any idea the part number for a backup insert? Might just swap them out for expeditions. Also any feedback on either this one or gamiviti as it relates to rattling when speaker volume is up? I like to listen to the ML loud and already have enough rattles form the faux wood trim so hopefully no issues with the addition of this.

Thanks. Any idea the part number for a backup insert? Might just swap them out for expeditions. Also any feedback on either this one or gamiviti as it relates to rattling when speaker volume is up? I like to listen to the ML loud and already have enough rattles form the faux wood trim so hopefully no issues with the addition of this.
I cannot speak to the Gamiviti mount, but I've heard good things about it.
I can confirm that my design does not rattle - I've been using it for almost a year now, and it still sits tightly. At the end of the day, it really comes down to the looks and mounting capabilities. One is all-metal and heavy-duty, while the other offers 80% of the functionality but is more subtle and blends into your interior better.

Just curious, are you referring to hardwiring your device and routing the cables through a hole? Or are you considering having a power port on the speaker trim?

When comparing against Gamiviti, would one be more suitable for heavier loads like a small tablet / ham radio etc?
I do like the look of this product better but am wondering if one would be better suited for a heavier item hanging off of it.

Just curious, are you referring to hardwiring your device and routing the cables through a hole? Or are you considering having a power port on the speaker trim?
I don’t know if it’s one or the other. My intent is to route power down through the screen and behind the dash for cable management. For me, ideally the mount would have a hole somewhere on the mount to route power cables down and behind the dash. I would prefer not to drill a hole in the screen without the aesthetics of the design. I will look at the mount when it arrives and determine if I can drill a hole to accomplish this without losing the integrity. Hope this answers your question.

Very impressed so far with shipping time, packaging, and quality of the unit. Looking forward to mounting sometime in the future once I decide which tablet I will use for maps.
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg

I follow this video. I’ve now built like 10 wheels, and don’t have to refer back often, but this vid lays it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom