Dash accessory mount for Lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, I recently got my hands on a 2010 LX570 and started prepping it for my family adventures. The LX seems to be a bit neglected when it comes to aftermarket parts, especially compared to, say, 4Runners.

I was looking for a dash accessory mount, but all I could find are either too aftermarket looking or required too much dashboard drilling… I ended up designing my own mount. There's still some drilling involved, but only to the speaker trim. What do you think?

BTW: anyone using an external Molly panel without a roof platform? (I want to keep the OE rail) Any recommendations? I hope I won’t have to design that too lol.

DSCF7389-2.jpg

DSCF7452.jpg
DSCF7404.jpg

Love it. What did you use? Would like to duplicate that.

Should check out Gamiviti products. He has parts for dash and for mounting to factory rails.
I've considered it... not a fan. Love his other stuff though.

Nice, do you plan on making more?

How is the speaker grille held in? I assumed it just clipped in, so does the mount change this?

Nice, do you plan on making more?

How is the speaker grille held in? I assumed it just clipped in, so does the mount change this?
I've been using it for 2+ weeks with a CarPlay screen and a tablet, so far so good. The shell is extra thick, quite solid for my use case. That said, although the material is high-temperature resistant, I have not tested it in a hot environment yet. If folks like it, I might make more.

I've been using it for 2+ weeks with a CarPlay screen and a tablet, so far so good. The shell is extra thick, quite solid for my use case. That said, although the material is high-temperature resistant, I have not tested it in a hot environment yet. If folks like it, I might make more.
I'll take one. Let me know how much.

Also interested. Are you willing to share your files? I have a parchment interior, wonder if I can match the color.. 🤔

how is it attached? interested....

I'm sharing additional photos of the prototype. To install it, you'll need to drill holes into the speaker trim. The bottom of the mounting rail is curved to match the trim's curvature, so it fits snugly. No rattling noises so far.
I will have several available for sale in the next 1-2 weeks.

***This is an early prototype; the latest version has a different surface finish and is more refined.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 9.20.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 9.20.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Also interested. Are you willing to share your files? I have a parchment interior, wonder if I can match the color.. 🤔
The black rail will fit well since the upper dash and speaker trim are in a dark grey/black color.

I'm sharing additional photos of the prototype. To install it, you'll need to drill holes into the speaker trim. The bottom of the mounting rail is curved to match the trim's curvature, so it fits snugly. No rattling noises so far.
I will have several available for sale in the next 1-2 weeks.

***This is an early prototype; the latest version has a different surface finish and is more refined.

View attachment 3442745
View attachment 3442746
Love it man. Can't wait to get it!

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the first batch of products, and there has been a slight delay. Nevertheless, I'm excited to share what the production version looks like. Stay tuned!
DSCF7434.jpg

DSCF7436.jpg

DSCF7446.jpg

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the first batch of products, and there has been a slight delay. Nevertheless, I'm excited to share what the production version looks like. Stay tuned!
View attachment 3457110
View attachment 3457113
View attachment 3457114
Guess people could just use a standard grommet, but integrating a grommet or two in to the corners of this might be a nice touch. I suspect most people mounting things to this rail will need 12v or some other cabling run to the devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom