CV/front axle "trail" spare components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They might be directional seals, and in one the CV is turning clockwise, the other CCW. Plus they go into the sides of the front diff and between the main housing and extension housing it is asymetrical, so even the mounting for them could be different.

Your second image shows the numbers I get for them. I wouldn't trust that description saying both left and right.

Might want to pull the fill plug just to be sure . . .
Thanks for the reminder, I did find the time to pull the fill plug and top off probably one or two ounces fluid today, just to be sure.

Did you guys reuse the adjusting lock cap and axle hub grease cap? Seems like there are several small parts in this diagram that the FSM shows as non-reusable but from digging around online, most people reuse these things.

QBf3kX4.jpg

Yes, they are reusable. Just don't mangle the dust cap removing it. Cotter pin is good for a 2nd run, but it's worth keeping an assortment with you.

For future reference, the cotter pin part number looks like it is 95381-04045. It's just a cotter pin though, so of course anything generic would likely be fine.

Does anyone know the rough dimensions of the cotter pin, I need to grab 2 just in case before I pull my axles. I might get away with reusing the old ones, but want something on hand in case I can't reuse them.

Grabbed an assortment:

857D752A-87FF-4214-BECB-25AA77C183BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Closest size in the kit is 5/32"x1-1/2". The oem is probably some metric size, but the dealer doesn't stock them, so I grabbed a generic selection from the local auto parts store.

2399A4FC-4792-4594-B7FD-A1349F8513C6.jpeg

A4FE6FDC-2208-4798-B3A1-452F8BA75CD1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom