CV axle rebuild, parts source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my cv's with 230k on them are due for a rebuild. Coming to a stop or accelerating from a stop I get a little click and starting to grind a little in tight turns.
I know yota axles are way better than aftermarket but haven't seen parts to rebuild mine. Any sources or do I just need to cough up the money for new ones?

It was around 215k when I replaced all four wheel bearings. I did the cvs too but it was unnecessary at that time.

It was around 215k when I replaced all four wheel bearings. I did the cvs too but it was unnecessary at that time.
Yeah I was thinking about doing them as well. I would rather knock it out when the weather is nice than be forced to do it some other time of the year.

There will probably be wear in the cups that would make other new parts only a half measure. Given the ridiculous lifespan just throwing new axles at it is a pretty good value.. though yeah, they aren’t cheap. You can save a load using one of the discount parts suppliers.

Also a user here had a significant grease leak after a brand new front axle install.. turns out one of the boots had a tiny tear from rough shipping. Had to R&R the whole thing to fix it.. so inspect yours carefully if you do get new axles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom