Cut the FAT....80 series on a diet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahh bead locks! Am I the only one not running them? So what is the weight of bead lock wheels?

Mine are DIY beadlocks on steel wheels... They are really, really heavy. Especially with the bias Irok mounted to them. I don't have exact #'s but I would guess the tire/wheel combo is in the 80 - 100 lb range.

IMG00027-20091115-2213.jpg

IMG00028-20091116-2207.jpg

IMG00029-20091119-0153.jpg

Creeper who did your custom "creeper sleeper" lettering?

He bought the "Beadlock stencil kit" from Hobby Lobby

Chad I'm actually very interested myself in who did them, I think Badass got some too... I got the FJCrusier steal wheels already so it's a matter of the kit. I'ma get something like "Shunt Faced"

Ahh bead locks! Am I the only one not running them? So what is the weight of bead lock wheels?

You're not alone. I'm still beadlock free. Primarly b/c of the added weight. Each rim tire is at about 140lbs or so, I think beadlocks will put me at 155+. I'm tempted to get a set of BFG KM2s, a 40" weighs in at about 85lbs vs. my Nitto which if i remember correct is 102lbs.

Its ok. I am not running them either. :meh:

There was a guy that was building them on a local 4x forum that I'm on. You basically told him what you were thinking, he planned them out on CAD and laser cut them for you. It wasn't a business selling them, just a friend with the tools to make it happen.

Wells, alls I'm sayin' is thems is Billy. As in Billy Badass.

You're not alone. I'm still beadlock free. Primarly b/c of the added weight. Each rim tire is at about 140lbs or so, I think beadlocks will put me at 155+. I'm tempted to get a set of BFG KM2s, a 40" weighs in at about 85lbs vs. my Nitto which if i remember correct is 102lbs.

They are heavy but it puts the weight down low and helps keep the tire on the ground. I am very, very happy with mine... Especially at 4-6 psi. :D

Has anyone tried to balance their beadlocks ?
I am thinking of getting some but I still drive mine on the street from time to time.
I know some are not DOT approved but luckily the cops don't know what they are looking at here. : )

alot of walmart airsoft BBs work well

When you say "alot" of airsofts, what do you mean?

I got the $8 Container of zink plated BB's (Not Airsofts), and basicly split it up between 4 tires.. 20 oz or so a peice.. Im still getting vibrations.. but they come and go without changing speed.. :mad:

When you say "alot" of airsofts, what do you mean?

I got the $8 Container of zink plated BB's (Not Airsofts), and basicly split it up between 4 tires.. 20 oz or so a peice.. Im still getting vibrations.. but they come and go without changing speed.. :mad:

It all depends on your tire size: Aggressive Tire Chart

Funny thing is it happened at GSMTR '10 also. The same one too. It adds to the excitement, and crowd entertainment :):flipoff2:.

Yeah but you got magic hubs that unlock by themselves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom