Cut the FAT....80 series on a diet (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I concur sir.

If I didn't like the 80 body style so much maybe i would do that. I just have a thing for nice bodies!

That is part of my hang up in that I do like how the 80 looks so I have this thing where I want to try and keep as much of it together as possible.

I have what I would consider the "final" phase of this build in my mind where by stock axles and drive train will at that point be at its limit, but I need time and a good bit of $$ to make my dream a reality.

I have parts building in my garage, and doing what i can as it comes along, but to take it to the "FZJtoy" level I need a trailer and my own tow vehicle. highway speeds with no doors and stripped down gets old after about 100miles. Anyone want to let me borrow/rent their trailer in June for Rubithon? lol:grinpimp:

Here's what i had in mind..He has a build link here on mud its called
"help with my 3 link on 99 4runner".

dude that's sexy .. !

dove tail the back of this... maybe even the front... maybe even some tube doors... cargo net instead of tailgate...

lepwBobbyBlack.jpg

- A/C compressor, condenser, res. all tubing, and mount (30lbs)
- Trimming front body and front inner fenders (8lbs)
- Rear shock mounts, spring perches, and part of the floor ( 41lbs) ;)

I'm thinking about ditching the rear bumper and just doing some tube work from the frame across to the sides, that would be another 150lbs from the rear.

YES!:clap:

You can do it.

dove tail the back of this... maybe even the front... maybe even some tube doors... cargo net instead of tailgate...

lepwBobbyBlack.jpg

that would be sweet ! I would lose Bobby Brown though.,even though he only ways a buck 20. every little bit counts. what about caging out the back like a 4runner?? be like a full size runner :hmm::hmm:

that would be sweet ! I would lose Bobby Brown though.,even though he only ways a buck 20. every little bit counts. what about caging out the back like a 4runner?? be like a full size runner :hmm::hmm:

That ain't Bobby Brown, even though the name of the truck might be... naw it's the Internet legend, the Mobile Leprechaun!
YouTube - Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama

Has anyone ever weighed the doors? they're heavy... as in HEAVY. i bet with all 4 removed... that's a couple hundred lbs easily... i wish i had weighed them when they were off for a few weeks...

IMG00202.jpg

Has anyone ever weighed the doors? they're heavy... as in HEAVY. i bet with all 4 removed... that's a couple hundred lbs easily... i wish i had weighed them when they were off for a few weeks...

IMG00202.jpg

Eric is this the truck you have now?

no man. That's Cattywampus. the legend... it's all true.

thought not, but looked like a you took a recent shot of it from your cell phone. Didn't know if you got it back or something..

thought not, but looked like a you took a recent shot of it from your cell phone. Didn't know if you got it back or something..

nope. Sadly Catty donated alot of very good parts to other fledgling cruisers throughout the country, so they may learn the ways of the trails... It lives on... under our hoods and in our axles...

0833_n.jpg

IMG00202.jpg

Going off of memory... the front doors weigh about 50lbs, the rears about 45lbs.

^ Each?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom