Current FZJ80 shock replacement options, what's good? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have had bilestien and fox shocks on my 80 with ome springs. The fox have a softer initial dampening ( i dont know the correct terminology) , which i like better. The bilstiens felt a little harsh to me.

Agreed. And Fox will service them for $50/shock.

What was wrong with it? I’m just curious. My original suspension was so worn out anything was an improvement. I’ve not driven any other 80’s so I don’t have any comparison.
Shocks were shot and springs sagged on 1 side within a few months of use. I had to replace it all with old man emu. Granted this was about 5 years ago maybe they have improved. But I wont try to find out

Shocks were shot and springs sagged on 1 side within a few months of use. I had to replace it all with old man emu. Granted this was about 5 years ago maybe they have improved. But I wont try to find out
That sucks. I’ve had mine for about four years and 30k miles and it’s still going ok. I guess I got lucky. My only complaint with it is I got about 5” of lift out of a 4” lift kit. Sorting out my geometry was a challenge.

Bought this lift a few years ago worst quality ever imo
No offense intended to anyone using the Ironman suspension or other products. But in Australia Ironman is pretty much the “Smittybuilt” of the US.

That’s just fine for some people and it’s not intended to sound “elitist” , just giving the information. It should help to create more accurate expectations of quality and performance.

I'm running Icon Stage 1's and am on my second set. Very happy with them.

That is the EXACT same thing that happened to me with the Iron Man Foam Cell kit. WTF?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom