CT20 water coolant connection for 2LT engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI,

I have a 2LT marinized engine equipped with the CT20 turbo. I am after adding water cooling to the Turbo. I have found kits already online. However I wasn't able to find some pics where the pipes In/Out connect to the engine. Probably somewhere around the thermostat but need to see exact locations before buying anything.

Anyone has some photos willing to share please?
Tks!

2lt cooling.jpg

Tks Jorge!
Am assuming that the return from Turbo is the one almost hidden as in arrow right?
Or I can probably use the Heater In/Out as mine are not used.

1668437190987.png

Tks Jorge!
Am assuming that the return from Turbo is the one almost hidden as in arrow right?
Or I can probably use the Heater In/Out as mine are not used.

View attachment 3167648
Yes indeed. There is a hole there too, I think it could be use for an extra thermistor or fitting, I remember adding one thermistor for an electric fan.

Replying on an old thread.

Was wondering if I can get the turbo cooling from the WAX outlet as shown. So water circulates to the WAX and passes to the Turbo and returns to the block as shown.
This will reduce as well extra connections. I do not have any spare/closed ports available.

Any suggestions please?

1678092618831.png

1678096136263.png

You can probably bypass the thermo wax completely and rub those houses directly to / from the turbo.
The Thermo wax is also known as an ACSD, Automatic Cold Start Device.

On other Toyota diesels, it's recommended to remove the ACSD as they are a failure point, and can destroy the fuel pump.

I'm guessing if you're playing with boats in Malta, you don't see harsh winters?

You can probably bypass the thermo wax completely and rub those houses directly to / from the turbo.
The Thermo wax is also known as an ACSD, Automatic Cold Start Device.

On other Toyota diesels, it's recommended to remove the ACSD as they are a failure point, and can destroy the fuel pump.

I'm guessing if you're playing with boats in Malta, you don't see harsh winters?
Hi ,
as you accurateky stated, the boat is used in waters between 20deg and 30 deg Celcius. So I will take your advice and unplug the pipes completely and connect Turbo cooling directly. I was always tempted to remove this unit but wasn't sure about its use.

Additionally, the previous owner had removed the Thermostat completely. This has been running fine for over 12yrs without it. It was removed to control the temperature of the enclosed engine bay. The original thermostat was 88deg. If I could find one with range of 75 Deg I would add it again as I run the engine on slow trolling for most of the time with water temp around 60deg. Temperature goes high to around 90deg when accelerating for longer than 20mins straight with 3/4 throttle at 3800RPM. Are you aware if such thermostats exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom