Parting Out CT - 1992 FJ80 Complete Part-out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1992 FJ80 w/the 3FE engine. Approximately 218,000 miles. Engine runs fine. It had been in a minor front end collision about 15 years ago which damaged the drivers side fender and apron. The radiator was replaced but the radiator support bracket was a bit bent....My intentions were to source parts to fix the truck and give it to my son. I ended up finding one in nicer shape needing very little work so I bought that instead. I drove the truck from Maine to CT with no issues other than a loss momentary loss of power after about 200 miles. The oil pressure was fine and so was the temperature so I think there was crud in the tank. I have subsequently drained the tank but I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. My parents had the center differential rebuilt for approximately $2,000 in 2018 and it's only driven about 1,500 miles since then. I started to rebuild the birfield joint on the passenger side and have removed the sway bars and other steering parts in preparation for replacing the bushings. So, you'd need to put the birfield back together. There is nothing wrong with any of it, I just don't want to do it if I'm going to sell the truck. I already bought a front bumper for it and have removed the lower tail gate and exhaust. The exhaust is new from the cats back. It will need new cats. I was going to desmog it and that's why the cats are already removed. There is no (ZERO) rust on the doors. The interior is decent but not perfect. There is no 3rd row seat. It has the center dif lock only. It's still on my lift so if you want the entire truck for $2,500 I'll let you put the birfield back together on the lift in my garage here in Wilton, CT....I even have the tools. If you want parts we can discuss that but I'd prefer to get it out of my garage to free up my lift and the space. It also has a brand new starter with less than 500 miles. It was installed just before I drove it from Maine to CT in October.

View attachment 2227706

View attachment 2227707

View attachment 2227708

View attachment 2227709

View attachment 2227710
Is your upper lift gate still available?

looking for this bad boy right here if you still have it
8AFBE665-EDEE-41E0-B82B-EC847CE03C1E.jpeg
E0E52420-9B6C-4FC1-8CC5-AD616A45C712.jpeg

I have a 1992 FJ80 w/the 3FE engine. Approximately 218,000 miles. Engine runs fine. It had been in a minor front end collision about 15 years ago which damaged the drivers side fender and apron. The radiator was replaced but the radiator support bracket was a bit bent....My intentions were to source parts to fix the truck and give it to my son. I ended up finding one in nicer shape needing very little work so I bought that instead. I drove the truck from Maine to CT with no issues other than a loss momentary loss of power after about 200 miles. The oil pressure was fine and so was the temperature so I think there was crud in the tank. I have subsequently drained the tank but I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. My parents had the center differential rebuilt for approximately $2,000 in 2018 and it's only driven about 1,500 miles since then. I started to rebuild the birfield joint on the passenger side and have removed the sway bars and other steering parts in preparation for replacing the bushings. So, you'd need to put the birfield back together. There is nothing wrong with any of it, I just don't want to do it if I'm going to sell the truck. I already bought a front bumper for it and have removed the lower tail gate and exhaust. The exhaust is new from the cats back. It will need new cats. I was going to desmog it and that's why the cats are already removed. There is no (ZERO) rust on the doors. The interior is decent but not perfect. There is no 3rd row seat. It has the center dif lock only. It's still on my lift so if you want the entire truck for $2,500 I'll let you put the birfield back together on the lift in my garage here in Wilton, CT....I even have the tools. If you want parts we can discuss that but I'd prefer to get it out of my garage to free up my lift and the space. It also has a brand new starter with less than 500 miles. It was installed just before I drove it from Maine to CT in October.

View attachment 2227706

View attachment 2227707

View attachment 2227708

View attachment 2227709

View attachment 2227710
Would you part with the right side mirror glass and it’s backside assembly along with the bottom and side screws that hold it in?

9CCB4BD9-692A-4EEA-BE06-5C7BA9CDF529.jpeg

Hi, I am after the full set of keys and cylinders for ignition, both doors and rear hatch from your 80 if you are willing to post to Tanzania? I have bought items off the forum before if you are wondering.

Steve_in_dar@yahoo.com
WhatsApp: +255767081885

Regards Steve

do you have any of the front axle brake lines/fittings?

Do you still have the interior dash, looks like this? Also looking for the complete key ignition/lock cylinders.

1622565405991.png

Are the sun visors in good shape/available? I'd be interested in the set.

Radio with functioning CD player by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom