CSC Tucson November 4th Trail Run - Chimney Rock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All and Yall,

As voted on by the masses, the trail run will be Chimney Rock on Saturday, November 4th.

We will rally up at the Circle K there on East Tangue Verde Road at 9:00am. There we can fuel up and stage for the trail, and sir down if everyone is comfortable driving the couple miles on pavement to the dirt.

upload_2017-10-23_22-9-12.png

upload_2017-10-23_22-3-24.png

From there we will head out Redington Road to the trail head. (Credit: Trailsoffroad.com)
upload_2017-10-23_22-7-48.png

Chimney Rock | Trails Offroad

I ran the trail this past weekend with a JK2D, a JK4D, Ben's 100, my 80, and an F250 on 37s. Pin striping is guaranteed, and trail was dry and dusty, washed out in some spots, and still showing signs of fire. The big tree that used to be across the trail with an 89" clearance is gone. I mapped the run on my Garmin, so we can fall back on that if needed(I am a noob on AZ, so whatever).

I will offer to cook burgers for the crew at a lunch stop, but I will need a head count. I will provide, buns, patties, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and condiments. If you want sides, please bring them. If no one wants a fresh, juicy burger on the trail...let me know and I will abandon the idea and bring Ramen instead.

This is the first club run I have organized, so I want to thank Wilma83 for the direction on speaking the lingo.

Cheers,

All and Yall,

As voted on by the masses, the trail run will be Chimney Rock on Saturday, November 4th.

We will rally up at the Circle K there on East Tangue Verde Road at 9:00am. There we can fuel up and stage for the trail, and sir down if everyone is comfortable driving the couple miles on pavement to the dirt.

View attachment 1560870

View attachment 1560866

From there we will head out Redington Road to the trail head. (Credit: Trailsoffroad.com)
View attachment 1560867

Chimney Rock | Trails Offroad

I ran the trail this past weekend with a JK2D, a JK4D, Ben's 100, my 80, and an F250 on 37s. Pin striping is guaranteed, and trail was dry and dusty, washed out in some spots, and still showing signs of fire. The big tree that used to be across the trail with an 89" clearance is gone. I mapped the run on my Garmin, so we can fall back on that if needed(I am a noob on AZ, so whatever).

I will offer to cook burgers for the crew at a lunch stop, but I will need a head count. I will provide, buns, patties, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and condiments. If you want sides, please bring them. If no one wants a fresh, juicy burger on the trail...let me know and I will abandon the idea and bring Ramen instead.

This is the first club run I have organized, so I want to thank Wilma83 for the direction on speaking the lingo.

Cheers,

Sounds good! I Plan to be there from Phoenix. My GF and I will join in for the burgers and I'll bring some potato salad.

Any good camping spots you saw on your pre run?

Count me in as well! Also happy to bring any of said lunch items so you don't need to provide it all --- I'm just happy you're the cook!:grinpimp:

Sounds good! I Plan to be there from Phoenix. My GF and I will join in for the burgers and I'll bring some potato salad.

There are a few good ones along the way, but I am not sure of the restrictions. There is a fire watch in effect, so rapid oxidation of cellulosic material may off the table. I did see a group of Tundras in convoy coming out early enough that you could assume they camped.

As for the grub, I got the burgers covered, so just bring what ever you want on the side and to drink.

Cheers!

Count me in as well! Also happy to bring any of said lunch items so you don't need to provide it all --- I'm just happy you're the cook!:grinpimp:

No worries on the burgers, just bring your sides and drinks.

5C3A1C95-C750-4EEF-A515-544832F497F2.jpeg

We have camped at chimney rock itself once, we waited to set up camp till a little later once most trail runners were done.

Feel free to add yourself to the list.

Roster:

1. ARJMN
2. Wilma83
3. Chrismanjs
4. Abigail

Feel free to add yourself to the list.

Roster:

1. ARJMN
2. Wilma83
3. Chrismanjs
4. Abigail
5. Garrisey

:popcorn:Didja ever get the projector & sound system working? :popcorn:

I have an event to go to that evening. what time do you think we will be back to civilization? Because I would like to do this.

If Red Steve is coming, count me in. Might camp also
Hi White Steve - I will be camping Friday & Saturday nights:bounce2: come on down to the Southside yo!

@Stepmurr Red Steve, name the camping locale and I will meet you there Friday, I'm in for both nights camping.
Great! :bounce2:

I took a look at my Garmin saved waypoints and the only two places I've camped in that area are Chimney Rock itself (kinda defeats the purpose of a trail run on Saturday) and the turnoff to Alamo Spring (nowhere I want to be driving to in the dark).

So a little research on the trailsoffroad link @ARJMN provifed in the first post revealed a few likely spots. (GPX file available to download)

Campspot One (0.3mi)

This is the closest spot to the start of the trail - a good spot for a quick overnighter if nobody beats us to it.

N32° 18.660' W110° 36.281'
upload_2017-10-26_17-45-44.png

There are a few other camp sites listed on the trailsoffroad site, and I'm sure we can find a relatively flat spot somewhere close.

Great! :bounce2:

I took a look at my Garmin saved waypoints and the only two places I've camped in that area are Chimney Rock itself (kinda defeats the purpose of a trail run on Saturday) and the turnoff to Alamo Spring (nowhere I want to be driving to in the dark).

So a little research on the trailsoffroad link @ARJMN provifed in the first post revealed a few likely spots. (GPX file available to download)

Campspot One (0.3mi)

This is the closest spot to the start of the trail - a good spot for a quick overnighter if nobody beats us to it.

N32° 18.660' W110° 36.281'
View attachment 1562664

There are a few other camp sites listed on the trailsoffroad site, and I'm sure we can find a relatively flat spot somewhere close.

I may be in for camping both nights also! Keep us updated! I REALLY NEED TO CAMP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom