CSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, Coconino is closed as well, and if you are making plans to visit Tonto this weekend, I'd change them.

Yep, Coconino is closed as well, and if you are making plans to visit Tonto this weekend, I'd change them.
Looks like Tonto posted on Twitter yesterday they are closing on Friday.

Screenshot_20210623-173310.png

The whole Coconino county has pretty much closed down. Not allowed anything with a flame outside. That includes propane grills. State Trust Land is closing as well. Not sure about the North Kaibab but the South Kaibab is closed as well. The Coconino National Forest closed down to the point even the slash pit right off the highway is closed. Found this out Tuesday it was closing 6:00 AM Wednesday. Had to rush to get our 30' perimeter around the cabin raked and hauled out. We were blessed with a 1/2" of rain yesterday. Only fire close to us is the Snake fire and looks like that one is under control at only 71 acres on the last report. We do see and smell smoke though.

The whole Coconino county has pretty much closed down. Not allowed anything with a flame outside. That includes propane grills. State Trust Land is closing as well. Not sure about the North Kaibab but the South Kaibab is closed as well. The Coconino National Forest closed down to the point even the slash pit right off the highway is closed. Found this out Tuesday it was closing 6:00 AM Wednesday. Had to rush to get our 30' perimeter around the cabin raked and hauled out. We were blessed with a 1/2" of rain yesterday. Only fire close to us is the Snake fire and looks like that one is under control at only 71 acres on the last report. We do see and smell smoke though.

Where are you at?

Smoke is bad again today, the Raphael fire updates suck. The latest map is 30 hours old and we went 48 hours without an acreage update. When inciweb did update about an hour ago, they adopted the acreage several outlets reported 18 hours ago. No indication as to how far it spread. We had a few decent storms in the area last night, but they all stayed west of the fire. The north part of sycamore canyon got enough rain to wet the ground, but not much. The area between the fire and us got nothing more than a sprinkle.

Where are you at?

Smoke is bad again today, the Raphael fire updates suck. The latest map is 30 hours old and we went 48 hours without an acreage update. When inciweb did update about an hour ago, they adopted the acreage several outlets reported 18 hours ago. No indication as to how far it spread. We had a few decent storms in the area last night, but they all stayed west of the fire. The north part of sycamore canyon got enough rain to wet the ground, but not much. The area between the fire and us got nothing more than a sprinkle.

I'm in Happy Jack. Seventy mile road trip of Forest highway 3. We got a rain Storm Saturday. Rain again Tuesday night and part of Wednesday. People here reported on FB they recorded 1/2" yesterday. I am very familiar with the area southwest of Flagstaff. Was a favorite hunting spot when I lived in Flagstaff and for years after moving to Phoenix. Remember at the top of Sycamore canyon just below the depot you could drive down into a finger over looking Sycamore Canyon. Can't remember how many times I camped right off of 231 around Mill Park. Seeing on the update fire is headed towards Casner Mountian. That coming a lot further east and still quite a ways south of Flagstaff. Rodgers lake area will help as a fire break. Up over Woody Mountian and east of that can't think of much other than 89A which isn't
much.

I'm in Happy Jack. Seventy mile road trip of Forest highway 3. We got a rain Storm Saturday. Rain again Tuesday night and part of Wednesday. People here reported on FB they recorded 1/2" yesterday. I am very familiar with the area southwest of Flagstaff. Was a favorite hunting spot when I lived in Flagstaff and for years after moving to Phoenix. Remember at the top of Sycamore canyon just below the depot you could drive down into a finger over looking Sycamore Canyon. Can't remember how many times I camped right off of 231 around Mill Park. Seeing on the update fire is headed towards Casner Mountian. That coming a lot further east and still quite a ways south of Flagstaff. Rodgers lake area will help as a fire break. Up over Woody Mountian and east of that can't think of much other than 89A which isn't
much.

Glad to hear you guys are getting some rain!

The just gave an update and said they are doing backburns south of the boy scout camp, which is just south of garland prarie. The fire isnt there yet, but they said the map is very outdated and has made significant progress north yesterday. winds are out of the WSW all day today, so not good for us. The fire is north of the slide fire scar now. As long as it doesn't get windy, they should be able to hold it back.

Glad to hear you guys are getting some rain!

The just gave an update and said they are doing backburns south of the boy scout camp, which is just south of garland prarie. The fire isnt there yet, but they said the map is very outdated and has made significant progress north yesterday. winds are out of the WSW all day today, so not good for us. The fire is north of the slide fire scar now. As long as it doesn't get windy, they should be able to hold it back.

Type 1 incident team took over today. Suppose to be an update online tonight. Will see if that has better updates. I also think of Garland Prairie as half ways to Williams. Sure people in Parks and Bellemont will be happy about that back burn. Not seeing this helping the Kachina Village area. Was also reported the fire was headed towards Red Rock-Secret Mountain Wilderness and Casner Mountain. Sure this will effect the August Casner Mountian run. The report on the Backbone fire said Strawberry and Pine residents should expect at least a week before they would be allow to return. Will be curious to see all the back burns along 260. I know they done a back burn in around the junction of 87 and 260. They are prepping to do more along both highways. Have a few things I need to get done back in the valley but an extra 70 miles to the trip will see my kids can get the done.

Type 1 incident team took over today. Suppose to be an update online tonight. Will see if that has better updates. I also think of Garland Prairie as half ways to Williams. Sure people in Parks and Bellemont will be happy about that back burn. Not seeing this helping the Kachina Village area. Was also reported the fire was headed towards Red Rock-Secret Mountain Wilderness and Casner Mountain. Sure this will effect the August Casner Mountian run. The report on the Backbone fire said Strawberry and Pine residents should expect at least a week before they would be allow to return. Will be curious to see all the back burns along 260. I know they done a back burn in around the junction of 87 and 260. They are prepping to do more along both highways. Have a few things I need to get done back in the valley but an extra 70 miles to the trip will see my kids can get the done.
Definitely getting better with updates. I found an updated map on the air quality site that shows hotspots, it’s about a day ahead of the inciweb map, but only shows hot spots. The upper portion of the west fork of oak creek canyon is burning now. Lots of “west” in the wind forecast, so we will see.

Definitely getting better with updates. I found an updated map on the air quality site that shows hotspots, it’s about a day ahead of the inciweb map, but only shows hot spots. The upper portion of the west fork of oak creek canyon is burning now. Lots of “west” in the wind forecast, so we will see.

1624587768594.png

Rafael fire from satellite imagery yesterday morning. If I can find updated info tonight, I can post. mw

@peacesells63 ... yes, good map for smoke!

and, a recent-ish perimeter of the Backbone fire.

View attachment 2713288

Best part is the satellite detection of hot spots, you have to zoom in pretty far to see them, and have them turned on in the layers tab. The satellite flys over twice per day, so it updates more often and reliably then the other maps I have found

hot spots.png

have a link to that map?

Y'all see this yet? Pretty cool!

Just watched that last night. Very neat.

I read somewhere that only the first preorders would have that option, which was priced at $5k.

Just watched that last night. Very neat.

I read somewhere that only the first preorders would have that option, which was priced at $5k.
$5k?!?!? Surely we can build one for half that :p

Went to Payson yesterday. Burn out along SR87 wasn't too bad. Couple years and probably won't even notice it.
IMG_20210630_110439356.jpg

Was 88 in Payson when we headed home. Started raining around Strawberry and rained the rest of the way home. Temperature was 55° when we arrived home. On the way down didn't see smoke from any fire activity in the area of the Backbone fire. Just a haze. Yesterday's rain had to have helped finish off. Hopefully got rain over the Rafael fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom