Cryo'd Ignition Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More wear resistance is the end result. I got started on this from a friend of mine who worked in the aerospace industry. Some of the matierials they would machine were quite hard and would dull some of their toolings pretty quickly. He had some tooling that would only last for 1-2 pieces before it would be dull beyond serviceability. Once he had the tooling cryo treated, they would last for several pieces. Eventually his shop bought their own cryo equipment.

I was able to find my dyno files on my old computer and thought I would post this information to show my experience with treated and untreated plugs.

On the chart you'll see two runs, one red and one blue. The red line is the first run. As the LC was being secured to the dyno, I installed a new set of non-treated plugs. The blue line represents after a new set of cryo'd plugs was installed.

When looking at the graph, ignore the spike in the lines, those are the transmission shift points and TC lock-up point. You'll also notice in the top left corner the graph shows max hp numbers. These are not true numbers as they reflect power made during the last shift point. However, after about 75mph, you notice the lines smooth out.

I've mentioned previously that the power increase was modest, around 83mph you'll see about a 11hp spread between the two runs. To me 11hp seems like a decent amount of gain for something that costs $66. But when you consider the amount of power lost between the engine and the tires is around 30%, you'll notice the actual gain is around 14hp.

Now take a look at what spending nearly $900 for a high flow exhaust will net:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/475569-new-exhaust-options-emspowered-2.html

I'm not bashing baktasht's exhaust, by any means. They are high quality and sound great! Plus, they are a great alternative to the $$$$ factory parts. But on a NA engine which most of us have, our engines don't seem to be able to take advantage of a higher flow exhaust.

Both baktasht's dyno numbers and mine have one thing in common, they both show two different 80's, but both have the same max "before" hp numbers, about 136hp.
Before and After Runs.jpg

I'm in Chandler, I want to purchase Kit #2, plugs only. ARe you still selling them?

Zona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom