Cruiser88 rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In 2004, I relocated to northern WV. Upon leaving my home I sold my last running Landcruiser, a 73 FJ40. I cryed like a baby but nevertheless made it my personal mission to find another if at all possible near me.
I Did not have to wait long. Driving to Parkersburg one day I noticed this blue wagon somewhat covered in snow hid behind a building with the drivers side exsposed. It does not take a whole lot of guessing to know what happens next. After, my wife saw the snorkle she wanted it:D, so we handed over the 2000 bucks and we brought her home.
The owner advised me the rear end was bad along with this mystery engine miss. Well 3000 dollars brought me a new transfer rebuild, rear 3rd, 2 injecters, along with other small maintance things and a good old Jim C desmogging and I started putting the mileage on this old girl.
I honestly wish I would have took before, during and after buildup pictures of this old rig, but as a daily driver with almost 350,000 miles I never really thought about it. Since the intial startup on this family dd I have changed the following

All motor gaskets

The other 4 injecters

Changed all factory chrome rims to black steelies

Aisian hubs(Superwinch sucks)

TPS

Lockrite rear locker

All aftermarket guages along with a center consule vac guage

Fuel pump

Birfields/ then went with 30 spline longfields/axles.:cool:

Radiater

All coolent hoses

Custom dual exhaust:cool:

33/12/50 maxxis mudders:cool:

2badFJs rear bumper and his old 60 front bumper

PPG coal cat epoxy paint on the rockers/lower doors.

3000 rpm fan in front of the radiater for those hot days on the trail.

Transmission cooler

Rear wheelwell tool boxes

Future projects in the next month will be to add 2badfjs tire/gas carrier to the exsisting rear bumper, Alcans 4 inch springs and Blisten shocks. My poor leaf springs have been owned:D,nevertheless, I still drive it and wheel her every chance i get.(Hence the dents all around the rear quarters and rockers:D)

Last edited:
cruiser88017.jpg

Anymore pics of the rear bumper installed?

Looks good.

Are the storage boxes over the wheel wells an "off the shelf item"? If so, how did you modify and mount them to make them fit?

Can you explain the dual exhaust? It's a little different from the average rig.

Thanks

Looks good.

Are the storage boxes over the wheel wells an "off the shelf item"? If so, how did you modify and mount them to make them fit?

Can you explain the dual exhaust? It's a little different from the average rig.

Thanks
Sorry just got home. The boxes are from ebay:D.Yes they are directly over the wheelwells. The mod to get them in was fairly straight forward I needed to attach a 2 by4 to the box then to the wall of the cruiser. It was a real bitch to get lined up by myself . I really got lucky the boxes was the perfect in length.

The exhaust:D that was a feasco but it worked nevertheless.
All it is 2 inch pipe from the front, 2 aftermarket cats,2 Boush o2 sensers. My tech decided on his own that the cruiser needed no mufflers:confused::mad: .Needless to say that is all we could come up with without tearing it all apart was a Dynomax turbo 2/2 muffler. The muffler itself never hits the rocks really and the gas tank stays ice cold with a nice rumble:cool:

Last edited:
those are great action shots! nice looking truck. any chance you have a link to the Ebay auction on those storage boxes?

clint
Sorry that guy is out:frown:.He had shorter ones i was going to reinstall in my 62 but he no longer has a account. And thank you!

Looks great! I really like the paint scheme. All these two-tones are starting to grow on me.
Thanks for sharing.

Cruise on...

great looking rig, just enough mods to keep it fun and daily driveable. now get some more pics of the bumper please :D

saw 'em, sorry...

Nice rig man, thanks for sharing!

I realy like those boxes. We need to find some more somewhere

Holy crap that engine compartment is CLEEEAAAN
You clean engine bay people disturb me!:D

Great rig, and I LOVE the "Landcrusier everything else just sucks" slogan!

Where'd you get that from?

Thanks for sharing!

Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom