Desmog Carburetor vacuum tubing the right ports. Routing puzzle. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In reinstalling my rebuilt and performance tuned carburetor, I think I have it all sorted except for the interior four ports that surround the MAS, the Mixture Adjusting Screw and MAS Plug. I had it labeled in advance to find that after 3 weeks, my new fancy hoses shed their nice label tape. I am not smart enough to interpret the old FSM and then understand how it applies to the currently desmogged nature of my engine today.

1. Question: Port 1 I believe ran to the distributor
  2. Port 2 was capped when I took the carburetor off. No idea why or if this was part of when it was desmogged. I plan on capping it again in the meantime until I know better.
  3. Question: Port 3 I believe looped around and attached to the carburetor itself, maybe at the choke opener ?
  4. Question: Port 4 ran over near the distributor vicinity to what I think is called the HIC Valve?
IMG_8754.jpg
Subject.png

Can’t remember exactly where each one goes to but what I do know is that it is in this Document.
This file lays out exactly where each vacuum line needs to go for a Desmogged FJ 60.

Attachments

• How+to+Desmog+an+FJ60-2 2 2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
You ever have one of those tasks that you think is a simple 5 minute thing, like changing the lightbulb, then you dig into it and 12 hours later you are rebuilding part of your house and pouring concrete as you unraveled what seems to be a simple problem? This is that for me. My local FJ60 mechanic did my desmog for me. They have been working on cruisers forever. I assumed, naively, that after all of the desmog at this point for a moderate altitude location was a trivial and baked affair.

I was wrong.

My desmog vacuum routing is completely different from the "How to Desmog an FJ60 guide PDF" and it is also completely different than the slightly more recent "My Desmog Keeping HAC Lots of Pics" by @mwebfj60. Funny, I just wanted to attach two hoses and get running again and now I am wondering if I should tear back everything my mechanic did to route to the most recent version posted in the forum. I want it running well, cannot stand to think that there is spare potential left on the drawing room floor but my vacuum routing looks only half like the above links. And I am not smart enough in this space to know why one mechanic left the BVSV1 capped, left BVSV2 in place and completely open, closed distributor port X, yade yada.

Will post back here after I sort this allout. I mean, I just learned that there is a thing called the BVSV.

1683731169334.png

1683732196195.png

I followed the How to Desmog an FJ 60, routed everything exactly how it’s laid out in document. My 60 runs great and when I check vacuum Iam at a stead 21 In/Hg at idle. Has been since doing this 6 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom