CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anything in Hawaii on Oahu? Not expecting anything on a large scale of course.

i feel your pain ... i live in Brooklyn and no one wants to touch my rigs. i just had a mobile mechanic on this forum not show up after over a month of planning. im giving up and going to these guys : Chuck Sensinger Sales OK Auto, 4WD & Tire Phone: 908.454.6973 ext. 20 Fax: 908.454.3809 http://www.ok4wd.com they said they can do the birfs no problem so off i go . i will report back soon.

These guys were great, a little expensive but not out of line for the service they provided .

From '05 to the present (and it's ongoing), i personally recommend this gang if you're in Canada:

Pro-Active Automotive
(403) 291 2470
Calgary, Alberta
They've never done me wrong, helped me out when the poo-poo hit the fan, and i could go on. Not inexpensive, but absolutely reliable and that peace of mind is priceless. There are always Cruisers there, JDM's, locals, 60's, 70's, 80's, as well as JDM vans, even a Dutch Troopie once; gas, diesel, US models, parts for them all, i cannot think of anything negative to say.
Ukaviator, a HUGE thank you for this excellent idea; it's a godsend.

Cheers, 61Mk+

This guy has always worked on my imports and since I bought my LC has done all the work. He's a good/honest guy.

Edwin at Precise Auto Services
12320 SW 117th Ct, Miami, FL 33186
(305) 216-3270

Anyone know any more locally in Orange County area? I know of some in San Diego but was wondering if any good recommended ones more in the Orange County area? Thanks in advance!

Please add:

Mike
450 802-2233
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada

www.MRTOY4x4.com

There's one genius mechanic in Quebec, Canada who needs to be listed here for its great passion. There's not a lot of cruisers in this part of the world but he knows them, he fully rebuilt two 70 series and worked on many. For now modifying 4runners since there's a market for those.
He's not on mud so I promote him. Give him a call he'll be more than happy to help you out.
Engine swaps, modified driveshafts, soa conversions, custom armor, troubleshooting etc.
All Toyota 4x4s

Last edited:
No pa shops, defiantly a bummer, moved back home to pa from san diego and now I have money to fix this pig up, guess ill have to work on my mechanic skills... or lack there of.
We can ship you the parts and you can take them to Spitzer Toyota in Monroeville. Ask for Jason in Parts. We are originally from PA.

I recommend Don at Wolf Creek Rod Works . Don did the V8 conversion for my FJ60.
Wolf Creek Rod Works, LLC
Office: 569 Eight Mile Loop
Shop: 329 Park Avenue
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

Telephone 970-264-2190
Fax: 970-264-6982

Email: Haywooddc@aol.com

http://www.wolfcreekrodworks.com/

Nothing in Massachusetts? New to me FJ62 will be here next week and wondering if anyone has any experiences in MA, particularly the south shore.

SOUTHERN GEORGIA

Rob Smith Repairs
Thomasville, Ga.
(229) 224-4496
Anything from minor repairs to full frame off restorations. Specializes in Toyota and Cummings diesel installations.
Rob doesn't advertise and his restorations tend to be booked 6 months to one year in advance.

Nothing in Massachusetts? New to me FJ62 will be here next week and wondering if anyone has any experiences in MA, particularly the south shore.

Marshfield, MA -- about to take my rig here for some basic work, was recommended by a former FJ60 owner locally here and will post after my experience as well.

Kabilian's Car Care
903 Plain St, Marshfield, MA 02050
(781) 834-6558
http://www.kabilianscarkare.com/

Wanted to post something up as Massachusetts has no entries!

Who is this Kansas shop? Where in ks and any more details? Anyone ever heard of it or is it the guy that sells fj60s on craigslist?

Sub'd

In Illinois: Voodoo Cruisers. Look them up on Facebook

Anyone in the NC area know if Brian Barcon still works at the Toyota dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom