Cruiser Days committee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what will the event cost us club members? and also if you need me to hand out some posters in squamish and or north van let me know ...i wanna try to help if i can

Who wants their name (names?) on the letter? Last year's had Alstone and Clarence as contacts.
So whoever wants to be 'the man', email your desired contact info to fj45 *at* telus.net.
The letter will be done tomorrow, and I'll send the document (MS word) to you, as I'm leaving for redneck country Wednesday.

raffle letter

I will email the word doc in its current form to both Marcin and Matt when I get home tonight. It just needs to be touched up with contact info and wether or not that trail ride info is still correct.
I will see you all in a week.

more prizes?

Would we be interested in offering perhaps at least one prize that some of our 'better halves' might be interested in?

I believe this thought was entertained after last years event, and I ask this question now because my better half has an extra Tupperware salad spinner available (Becky is a Tupperware consultant) and a 8.5 litre pail with handle and seal (holds 12 beers and ice!).

Her price (and ours!) would be 50$

So ya im affiliated..but hey, it never hurts to ask.

edit: I have been corrected, it was the Xmas party that this was talked about. Close enuff!

Last edited:
IVOAC is planning a Show-n-Shine the same weekend in North Van. Talked with Greg today and he thought maybe they could do their Show-n-Shine at Dease Island but in a different lot. Otherwise they probably won't have too many RHD Cruisers around. I don't think they have put money down on their venue or insurance yet. I posted on IVOAC http://www.ivoac.ca/pn/index.php?na...topic&t=642&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 and suggested that they contact Bill. I will be away, so won't be able to help out.
John

hey all...bump back to page one

Not been able to make a meeting for a while, but thought I would ask...: I can not find the add at BC4x4 site any longer. It is not on the Calendar at the BC4x4 either. Also, what about posting it up in Mud in the Trails/Events/Expeditions section? There always has been some interest from some folks in coming up from the USA. I will be there for the day only, as I am working nights.

Also, what about creating a new thread, sticky it at the top...and post the link to other sites...so all can come here and check out the latest.
gb

hey all, how about making Greg_B the coordinator for all the club's PR. lol

I still do not know how to make a sticky thread.

Deas Island regional park

I was in the neighbourhood, so I stopped in to check it out. I would assume we are in the area at the far end of the park down the meandering road, called 'Fishers Field picnic area'. Its quite a beautiful place, lots of open grassy areas, LOTS of shady spots, picnic tables, toilets, and a large sheltered area with a fire ring even.
But the parking in that area by my count only was for 60 vehicles. There would (hopefully) me more 'cruisers there than that, plus all the extra vehicles this would bring along. There is a lot more parking at other spots in the park, but they are quite aways away. Would we be parking on the grass then?
deas  park.JPG
deas  park (1).JPG
deas  park (2).JPG

Jeff it is a very very nice park.That's why we picked it.Did you also go for a walk around some of the many trials?The parking might be abit of an issue.Origanally the GVRD was going to let us park on the grass but soon resinded.Saying that they were afraid that our rigs would end up ripping up the grass.I think that we will be able to make do very well.Not only is there that parking lot with 60 spaces.Also there is that long roadway that leads up to it and another large parking area just before it.What it all boils down to is that we wont be cramped into one little non-shaded area like in the past years but instead will be spread out in a large,beauitiful,and shaded park.We'll make do.

We have the exclusive use of the parking lot and I think we can squeeze more than 60 Cruisers into the lot. Visitors can park along one side of the road. We should be ok, if there are too many Cruisers, we'll figure it out. Maybe we can jam some in the middle of the parking lot.

Just make all the 40's park together, and then you will get to jam in a lot of trucks. When the organizers start in the morning, just make one end reserved for 40's and set it up to get maximum usage of the lot.
cheers,
Deny

So how is the last minute sales pitches / advertising going, all the loose ends taken care of? Only a few more weeks to the big show!
Cheers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom