Cruiser cranks, won't start! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm kind of thinking injectors as well, but *supposedly* they were cleaned recently. I'm holding off on most drivetrain parts until I get the MS3 installed, however I've replaced the 02 sensors to no avail. I DO however have a crack in part of the intake/vacuum system (the large rectangular box off of the intake) that I am trying to ignore until I swap out the intake piping. We'll see tomorrow if the fuel filter is the cause. Thanks for the input.
Vacuum leaks will cause that. Spray some carb cleaner if your engine changes any you have a vacuum leak.

Vacuum leaks will cause that. Spray some carb cleaner if your engine changes any you have a vacuum leak.

Hey DMX84 how were you sure it was your immobilizer? I don't have any of the typical symptoms showing that it is related my lights and such act normal per the verification process. I'll get some electrical cleaner and clean all my contacts and see where that takes me.

I'm thinking just get the fuel pump though.

I didn't read the previous posts, but check your cam position sensor as well. Those fail sometimes and do exactly as you're observing. Any codes?

Hey DMX84 how were you sure it was your immobilizer? I don't have any of the typical symptoms showing that it is related my lights and such act normal per the verification process. I'll get some electrical cleaner and clean all my contacts and see where that takes me.

I'm thinking just get the fuel pump though.

The only indication is the red Key/car icon that blinks when the key is removed. Mine was blinking all the time in or out of the ignition. I originally thought it was my fuel pump as the symptoms appeared the same.
Just replace the fuse for a quick check.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom