Cruise Moab 2021 Interest Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@90WT - seriously this is a very tough question.

FJ62 is in a million pieces right now and waiting on an Advanced Adapter #50-9612 to connect the LS3 6.2 + 6L80 Transmission to the Transfer Case. The Advanced Adapter part is on back-order due to COVID.

So I would LOVE to bring the 62, but if its not done in time, there is not much I can do.

Thus, the 100-Series is setup pretty well with 33's and rear locker, sliders.

Wife would want me to take the GX460 - which is the least capable, but most comfortable vehicle.

I don't yet no. Tough choices - right?

What are you bringing?

@90WT - seriously this is a very tough question.

FJ62 is in a million pieces right now and waiting on an Advanced Adapter #50-9612 to connect the LS3 6.2 + 6L80 Transmission to the Transfer Case. The Advanced Adapter part is on back-order due to COVID.

So I would LOVE to bring the 62, but if its not done in time, there is not much I can do.

Thus, the 100-Series is setup pretty well with 33's and rear locker, sliders.

Wife would want me to take the GX460 - which is the least capable, but most comfortable vehicle.

I don't yet no. Tough choices - right?

What are you bringing?
Ah man. Hope your parts show up soon.

I'll take my Hundy. My plan now is to bring along the Prospector and tent camp instead of bringing the whole family and our trailer. Will most likely hammer out the drive on Wednesday. If that coincides with your plans maybe we can wagon train.

@REZARF if the question was aimed at me, yeah the 99' has sliders. Its pretty funny (to me at least), but I built the 100 for 2020 Cruise Moab (which was cancelled) and then last summer didn't really get to wheel it. So its a pretty pristine vehicle - with lots of capability. And only with Land Cruisers can you say pristine after 200,000 miles.

I added Trail Tailor sliders and upgraded to 33" Falken Wildpeaks so I could handle a majority of what Moab has to offer. And it came with the rear locker stock, so I would say its fairly capable. Just need it to tow my trailer out to Utah and back. :)

I have a confirmed reservation for Cruise Moab April 12-18,2021. Planning on doing the Kokopelli Trail before the main events start. Driving my 2005 100 Series. Also signed up for the March Roundup at Katemcy. Would enjoy a Meet and Greet gathering at Katemcy of folks also going to Cruise Moab. Always good to know your neighbors. I have the Charles Wells books describing all the trails if anyone is interested in trail selection guides.

This book is a wealth of knowledge!

IMG_20210224_121153_01.jpg

I have a confirmed reservation for Cruise Moab April 12-18,2021. Planning on doing the Kokopelli Trail before the main events start. Driving my 2005 100 Series. Also signed up for the March Roundup at Katemcy. Would enjoy a Meet and Greet gathering at Katemcy of folks also going to Cruise Moab. Always good to know your neighbors. I have the Charles Wells books describing all the trails if anyone is interested in trail selection guides.
We would love to catch up Saturday evening or Sunday to talk about Kokopelli after you run it. I had that trail on the radar for our but went in a different direction.
We would love to catch up Saturday evening or Sunday to talk about Kokopelli after you run it and meet a fellow adventurer. I had that trail on the radar for our trip but went in a different direction.
We will be in the Moab area Saturday afternoon through Sunday and leaving Monday morning to hit the La Sal's

This is a bummer. I’m likely going to pass on CM21 and plan a fall trip for those interested.

View attachment 2595037
Drew,
I was planning to go again this year (went in '19) but decided against it since there's no group activities. I'll be headed down a couple of weeks later in my 80 with the MTB to meet a friend from WA. Would be VERY interested in a 406 group trip in the Fall!

Thanks I'd like to make it happen. Moab in the spring and Fall are awesome... July, not so much.

I have a few friends with permits they pulled for The Maze in mid-May and I am trying to swing it.

We'll get a new thread going this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom