Cruise Moab 2019 - For real this time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
Got the time off from work. Got lockers and a doubler in Moonshine. Got a tow rig and a new trailer. Got Laura on board. It's ON.

Plan:
Leave NC on April 28th
Arrive at Moab April 30th.
Wheel Moab till May 5th
Head Home

I will be heading from Moab to Phoenix for a week to spend time at Laura's sister's house. Towards the end of the week, we'll head back and attend GSMTR 2019, before finally heading home. I've been trying to do this since 2012, when I went out with Mike, and this is the year!

I'm putting this thread up to solicit people to join me in Moab!! If anyone wants to come, please post up!

Cruise Moab

Google Maps

Last edited:
You're going to drive right past my place in Denver!

Obviously more than welcome to crash there if needed...that goes for anyone else as well!

You know I’m down.

Already coming up with a way to pitch it to my work to get the time off.

Now I just have to get off my ass and get at least one of my turds running tested and ready to go.

Wait, did they move GSMTR forwards a week this year?
EDIT, no they didn't.

Last edited:
Still have lots to do, but at least the trailer is squared away now!

Who else is in?

MVIMG_20181217_171354.jpg
MVIMG_20181217_171324.jpg

Johnny, you never do anything "half way", do you?

:lol: I sure try not to Jim. Buy once cry once. Life is too short for crappy stuff.

Both very scenic routes... you may want to take the one through AZ though the 15 can have super heavy traffic on it.

you act like I've never driven these roads! I try to stay out of the reservations, I've heard horror stories. I would stop in St George to see freiends and swing by and see the lord and savior Woody ;) Also I;m driving to Santa Fe, New Mexico through Flagstaff this weekend.

you act like I've never driven these roads! I try to stay out of the reservations, I've heard horror stories. I would stop in St George to see freiends and swing by and see the lord and savior Woody ;) Also I;m driving to Santa Fe, New Mexico through Flagstaff this weekend.

calm-your-tits.jpg

I have no idea if you have driven north bound on the 15 from San Diego to Utah..... a thousand apologies master fatballs :flipoff2:

Last edited:
you act like I've never driven these roads! I try to stay out of the reservations, I've heard horror stories.

About a month or so ago Heather went to her brother's (7th) wedding in New Mexico. I passed, figure I'll go to the divorce instead. I digress, the wedding was held at an old church on a reservation. Heather was in the middle of a pack of 5 cars, only out of state vehicle (rental) and a res cop pulls her over and she gets a $75.00 ticket. She calls it tourist tax.

So when she gets there her father gives her a bunch of crap that she should have ridden with him. Only if you have a death wish. She rented an AWD SUV, Nissan I think. Turns out there is no parking at this chapel and the road up to it is a rock strewn trail they expect all these people to walk up. No way her father is making it. So Heather shuttles them all up in the rental. Her father could not believe she could drive like that, she used the whole trail,probably a class 2. He still busts her chops about getting a ticket.

So they leave and go back to the house that her father rented for the week. Heather's sisters rode with her to avoid riding with Speed Racer and his 75 year old reflexes. They are sitting around enjoying the place wondering if dad had stopped off for some food or something. You guessed it, $75.00 fine for dad too :) same cop.

That's strange.... i've been on tons of Reservations and never had a problem with the law.

Only bad stories i've heard of are people that go there looking for the more "edgier" side of the Reservations. Sad to hear its starting to get tourist taxes like Mexico.... But hell Oregon has a tourist tax on any out of state plates. If you don't have an OR plate you better be following the traffic laws like you are 16 years old taking your test again. LOL

About a month or so ago Heather went to her brother's (7th) wedding in New Mexico. I passed, figure I'll go to the divorce instead. I digress, the wedding was held at an old church on a reservation. Heather was in the middle of a pack of 5 cars, only out of state vehicle (rental) and a res cop pulls her over and she gets a $75.00 ticket. She calls it tourist tax.

So when she gets there her father gives her a bunch of crap that she should have ridden with him. Only if you have a death wish. She rented an AWD SUV, Nissan I think. Turns out there is no parking at this chapel and the road up to it is a rock strewn trail they expect all these people to walk up. No way her father is making it. So Heather shuttles them all up in the rental. Her father could not believe she could drive like that, she used the whole trail,probably a class 2. He still busts her chops about getting a ticket.

So they leave and go back to the house that her father rented for the week. Heather's sisters rode with her to avoid riding with Speed Racer and his 75 year old reflexes. They are sitting around enjoying the place wondering if dad had stopped off for some food or something. You guessed it, $75.00 fine for dad too :) same cop.

I haven't heard stories like that one, just people breaking down and everything being stolen or hijacked. Not saying its a common practice but I've heard many stories.

CM registration opens at noon today (our time). I'm going to make camping reservations today. Anyone commit to going yet? Would be neat to get a cabin together.

@S4Cruiser and I have reservations at the OK rv campground in moab for the event.

Still hoping a few more of you come out of the woodwork and make the journey with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom