Cruise control help!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so one of the problems I’ve run into recently in my 91 cruiser is the the cruise control system will turn on the show the green “cruise” light, but will not set to any speed at all if I try to set it. my brake lights, and every other lights/gauge are working fine. any ideas on what could be happening?

so one of the problems I’ve run into recently in my 91 cruiser is the the cruise control system will turn on the show the green “cruise” light, but will not set to any speed at all if I try to set it. my brake lights, and every other lights/gauge are working fine. any ideas on what could be happening?
FSM will show you a procedure for testing the switches and speed sensor. Start there if you haven't already done so.

FSM will show you a procedure for testing the switches and speed sensor. Start there if you haven't already done so.
Unfortunately I don’t have a fsm. any instructions on how to perform a test for free online?

Unfortunately I don’t have a fsm. any instructions on how to perform a test for free online?
Get a FSM from @jonheld.

Adjust your throttle and cruise cables per the FSM. Odds are, that's the issue. They stretch over time. It can also affect downshifting.

The CC diagnostic is 31 pages long in the FSM and shows you how to test every component in the system.
Here are 3 pages on how to read the codes for an FJ80.
You also gave no details on your vehicle. An HDJ80 and an FJ80 are different beasts. If you want correct information, you need to specify.

Attachments

• CCCodes.pdf
    94.3 KB · Views: 47
The CC diagnostic is 31 pages long in the FSM and shows you how to test every component in the system.
You also gave no details on your vehicle. An HDJ80 and an FJ80 are different beasts. If you want correct information, you need to specify.
Oh haha I’m sorry. I’ll specify now that it is an fj80. I also think that it’s the speed sensors that are causing the problem but I’m not 100% sure just yet.

also, I have followed the diagnostic test and the only thing that didn’t work was the speed censor circuit tests.

I don't have a green light either but my cruise control works fine.

I have an issue that I'v been meaning to ask about on here. Does anyone else's cruise control shut off when they turn their blinker on? Is that common in an 80 series? If I have my cruise control on and going down the highway, if I turn a blinker on to switch lanes, my cruise control shuts off. Any ideas?

I have an issue that I'v been meaning to ask about on here. Does anyone else's cruise control shut off when they turn their blinker on? Is that common in an 80 series? If I have my cruise control on and going down the highway, if I turn a blinker on to switch lanes, my cruise control shuts off. Any ideas?
No, the turn signal should not deactivate the cruise. It sounds like a grounding issue.

You have LED bulbs.

The PO put in different tail lights that might have LEDs in them. Are you saying that's my issue?
Most likely.
When I installed LEDs in my brake/tail lamps, the CC would cancel every time I used the turn signal. I was going to add a diode somewhere in system, but I lost interest and went back to analog bulbs. Problem solved.
There was a thread not long ago regarding the same issue. A replacement flash relay solved the problem, but again, I did not pursue.

Most likely.
When I installed LEDs in my brake/tail lamps, the CC would cancel every time I used the turn signal. I was going to add a diode somewhere in system, but I lost interest and went back to analog bulbs. Problem solved.
There was a thread not long ago regarding the same issue. A replacement flash relay solved the problem, but again, I did not pursue.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom