Credit Card Key for Land Cruiser (/LX570) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com

I keep these in stock if anyone needs these. I can laser cut the blades, but can’t program them w/o the actual vehicle being here. Most dealers (including us) charge 0.5 hours to program the key to the vehicle ($62.50). The keys are about $300 with the blade.

I am unaware of a 2008-2015 option, but haven’t really dug in on it.

Model numbers:
2016-2019: 89904-53512
2020 : 89904-48Q90

067F9D58-0AEE-46E9-8136-4BDB2F6938E5.jpeg

@Eric Sarjeant What is the range on these keys? Can I leave my wallet in my back pocket and unlock the cruiser or do I need to remove the key and place it near the handle?

@Eric Sarjeant What is the range on these keys? Can I leave my wallet in my back pocket and unlock the cruiser or do I need to remove the key and place it near the handle?
Range is the same as a regular key. I never remove mine from my wallet and it always works in my Tumi carbon fiber wallet.

Very nice Eric. My 2014 LX wants one. I would be interested if they become available.

There are versions for most if not all years. Easy to program with Techstream.

I have had this on my 2011 and now my 2016. The 2011 range was not as good with the credit card key.

The 2016 is almost as good, but a bit less sensitive, likely as it is layered in a wallet around credit cards and my building key card.

Overall, I have loved mine. Nice not having a bulky key in my pocket.

Also not that the physical key only works on LC 2016+ (LX back to 11 IIRC). Your stock key will need to be single sided. Without the physical key, you risk lockout if the fob battery or car battery die...

If you come to Spokane, I'd be happy to program for any Mud member...

Do these keys have a Button battery? If battery on Card remote is dead, then same procedure to start your LC?

I have it on my 20LC. The best mode out of all I have done. No more bulky remote control.

Last edited:
Just sold my 2020 LC and have the wallet credit card key available for sale (still in the bag). Sold the truck and forgot about that had it in my wallet. If interested in making an offer, please PM me.

Last edited:
Just sold my 2020 LC and have the wallet credit card key available for sale (still in the bag). Sold the truck and forgot about that had it in my wallet. If interested in making an offer, please PM me. Bought it back in May and as you can see from post above it was the best mod I have done. If you are local in Raleigh NC, can program it for you as well.

If you have already programmed it, it has to be unprogrammed by a locksmith or Toyota (can't unprogram it with Techstream, only program). There is a guy on ebay that does it cheap.

@Eric Sarjeant is $300 what I would pay if I ordered one through my local dealer or are you running a deal for mud? I’m in SLC so I’d need to ship one from you here. Thanks.

If you have already programmed it, it has to be unprogrammed by a locksmith or Toyota (can't unprogram it with Techstream, only program). There is a guy on ebay that does it cheap.
Toyota was able to program both of my used credit card keys off ebay this past week. Toyota does not like to do it and they do not teach the techs this during training, but they are capable of doing it. With approval... :). If you want more info, pm me.

Toyota was able to program both of my used credit card keys off ebay this past week. Toyota does not like to do it and they do not teach the techs this during training, but they are capable of doing it. With approval... :). If you want more info, pm me.

Yes, I should have clarified that Toyota can do it too, but I don't think you can do it with Techstream, at least not with the version I have.

Lol. That is why I let them do it. After watching, it is very easy and straight forward. Have to get a pass-code generator though.

The locksmith I used (ebay) charged $16 to unlock it IIRC. Very much worth it.

I wonder what it is that they do in order to "unlock" it. Any locksmiths in here? I have to go get my card key blanks cut this week and will ask.

I wonder what it is that they do in order to "unlock" it. Any locksmiths in here? I have to go get my card key blanks cut this week and will ask.

This is the seller I used. Evidently he has a way to unlock the key without immobilzer. Will cut a key for $35, which is a decent price for these smart keys. Used the seller twice, fast turnaround.

I have purchased this unlocked Lexus key from this seller two times and both were like new condition with new, uncut key inserts. This model I am linking to is the correct version for a 2013. Likely it works 2013-2015. But I have a 2013 Toyota LC and that is what I can verify. The FCC ID does not match my factory remote fob and that is not a problem, despite what some less experienced automotive locksmiths told me.

I programmed these with techstream. The automotive locksmith I took it too first could not get it to program and I think the reason was that it needed a very fresh battery. These use very thin watch batteries CR2412. The link below says they come with fresh batteries and maybe they do but my first one wouldn't successfully program until I put a brand new battery in it. Then it programs just like any other key. I did not cut the metal key insert.

It do really recommend it if you can deal with the thickness and rigidity of about 3 chase sapphire cards added to your wallet (the metal ones). Its the lack of flex that I notice the most. My wife is the biggest fan since ladies don't really have pockets. You touch the handle and it unlocks. I lock it by pushing the button on the handle. Even the rear hatch has a button to re-lock.

- LINK TO ** 2013 **compatible model (no affiliation with seller) -

(this one is sold unlocked, some others on eBay have been programmed before so you would need to send to a service like the post linked above mine - or use a Toyota dealer)

Thanks for the feedback as I was not aware the extra step is needed. Still will provide substantial discount on like-new card if anyone would like one for 2020 LX570/LC. If you have an earlier LX/LC you will need a different one. This is 89904-48Q90 which works on 2020 only. Just PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom