Creations from our LockDown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White wine cream poached salmon with asparagus, baby bellas and leeks.

J

IMG_20200729_154152621.jpg
IMG_20200729_153024914 (1).jpg
IMG_20200729_151132900 (1).jpg
IMG_20200729_150511411 (1).jpg
IMG_20200729_145959089.jpg

Just had to post this.....

This Corpus Christi Taco Weighs Nearly 5 Pounds and Only Costs $13

“I don’t even know what to say about this taco,” Eric Ortiz wrote on Facebook to accompany a photo of him holding a massive, downright impressive taco in Corpus Christi. It’s hard to find the right words to describe such a supersized version of everyone’s favorite food, but MySA.com tried by explaining, “It’s a 4.5-pound monstrosity of refried beans, potatoes, breakfast sausage, chorizo, egg, brisket and cheese wrapped in a 24-inch homemade tortilla for $12.99.”
The extravagant breakfast taco is available at Recio’s Smokehouse Restaurant and Catering in Corpus Christi. The owner, Minnie Recio, explained that she first served the taco in 1999 for just $3.50 after her son said he wanted to eat the “biggest taco in Texas.” Though the taco is now priced at $13, those with a big appetite can have the meal for free…if they can finish it in only 13 minutes or less. Are you up for that kind of big challenge?
Since only a few have conquered the challenge, Recio’s is upping the drama by creating an official challenge event where multiple people will try to finish the breakfast taco for the feeling of glory on June 17th from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. According to their Facebook, those who want to impress their friends and family can reserve a spot by calling or stopping by the restaurant. If you’re ever in Corpus Christi, this breakfast taco is an absolute for your dining adventures, even if you can’t eat the whole thing.

17rmegjt0he51.jpg

Just had to post this.....

This Corpus Christi Taco Weighs Nearly 5 Pounds and Only Costs $13

“I don’t even know what to say about this taco,” Eric Ortiz wrote on Facebook to accompany a photo of him holding a massive, downright impressive taco in Corpus Christi. It’s hard to find the right words to describe such a supersized version of everyone’s favorite food, but MySA.com tried by explaining, “It’s a 4.5-pound monstrosity of refried beans, potatoes, breakfast sausage, chorizo, egg, brisket and cheese wrapped in a 24-inch homemade tortilla for $12.99.”
The extravagant breakfast taco is available at Recio’s Smokehouse Restaurant and Catering in Corpus Christi. The owner, Minnie Recio, explained that she first served the taco in 1999 for just $3.50 after her son said he wanted to eat the “biggest taco in Texas.” Though the taco is now priced at $13, those with a big appetite can have the meal for free…if they can finish it in only 13 minutes or less. Are you up for that kind of big challenge?
Since only a few have conquered the challenge, Recio’s is upping the drama by creating an official challenge event where multiple people will try to finish the breakfast taco for the feeling of glory on June 17th from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. According to their Facebook, those who want to impress their friends and family can reserve a spot by calling or stopping by the restaurant. If you’re ever in Corpus Christi, this breakfast taco is an absolute for your dining adventures, even if you can’t eat the whole thing.

View attachment 2390898
The "HOLY GRAIL" of Tacos !!!

Quick, I need ideas.
The wife is threatening me by wanting to make her
Shepherds Pie. That s*** sucks, even my boys come up with excuses to not eat it.
I meet them in the kitchen at midnight to have a snack.

Quick, I need ideas.
The wife is threatening me by wanting to make her
Shepherds Pie. That s*** sucks, even my boys come up with excuses to not eat it.
I meet them in the kitchen at midnight to have a snack.

That and tuna noodle casserole are two things I hate the most.

PIZZA NIGHT!!!

Yup, I got burnt out on that tuna noodle stuff at a very young age.
I would love pizza, but I just did meatball sliders last night.

Life is good
Now I gotta figure out tomorrows dinner.
Pizza, garlic cheese bread, and stuffed jalapenos.
Escaped till another day

If you have a pressure cooker this is a easy and very tasty meal for the family. Serve with rice , but we prefer mash potatoes on the side.

3.5-4lbs Pot Roast or your preferred cut of beef
16oz jar of medium heat peppercinis
1-2 Shallots
1-2 cloves of Garlic
1 packet of Italian dressing (powder form)
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup of water
All ingredients in the pressure cooker for ~60 minutes

Sounds good, but we don't have a pressure cooker.
And that sounds like a winter meal, and it is gonna be over 100F today.
I kinda like the idea of maybe a big azz chef's salad.
Or a cold pasta salad with shrimp.

Well, got hit with the shepards pie last evening.
So tonight we're gonna make a big chefs salad, and maybe some leftover garlic cheez bread from the pizza night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom