Creations from our LockDown (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK Mudders, what are you creating at home while we are on Quarantine?
I just got home from our local Costco, and they had a sign outside showing What was instock, and What was out of stock.
No beans, rice, TP, milk.

I don't get the run on...milk. None to be found up here. Bizarre.

I went to Costco about 3 days ago. FAWK people are crazy. They even had posted a sign out front showing what they were sold out of.
I still managed to spend almost 400.
Then I tried to buy some ammo !!!!!!
I don't even want to talk about that one.

Well, we have enough food in the freezer. And most important: A month's supply of coffee beans; but methinks I better fortify by ordering 10# just in case they figure out coffee will chase away the corona virus :D

Based upon everything I've seen if you can cook then there's no run on ingredients for the most part. But if you're after microwave meals, etc., then God help ya.

The last 2-nights it was roasted chile rellenos stuffed with ground venison, black quinoa, farmstead jack cheese and topped with a roasted poblano crema.

And tonight, since I had leftover venison and plenty of semolina flour in the pantry and frozen sauce from home-grown tomatoes made last summer...ravioli and sauce.

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

We roast coffee beans every few days. We settled on wet hulled Sumatran a few years ago and keep a supply of the green beans on hand So no change there. We’re setting up our garden since this is our first year in a new house. Lots of work. I might have to go back to working to get some rest.🙂

Did a pickup from the grocery store today so I turned some cubed steak into chicken fried steak. I used crushed saltine crackers for the breading. I also made mashed potatoes and a white gravy with chicken stock. My wife and I could each only eat about 1/2 a serving because you could feel your arteries hardening while you ate. I plan on making potatoe soup tomorrow.

Some may have seen this on my IG feed...but Julie & I were finally, last Thursday, able to dust off the spressoWAGON and do a little tour of old mining area not too far from where we live in CC. I had some dried pinto beans in the pantry along with everything I needed to whip up a short batch of...burritos. @Onur got me started on 'engine bay heated burritos' 10-years ago or so and even a day run in the LC isn't quite the same without a lunch burrito heating up on the radiator.

Sorry, I only have a photo of the homemade flour tortilla :frown:...and the lunch spot between too very old Cottonwoods. I've played around with different flour tortilla recipes but Rick Bayless' is our fave: Rick Bayless | Flour Tortillas I use organic Jovial brand Einkhorn AP flour for a super tasty flour tortilla.

IMG_4559.JPG
IMG_2408.JPG

^ you speak my language :bounce:. Did you fab a press?

I sprung for some In and Out Burgers last evening.
Only the 2nd time we have gotten take out since all this BS started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom