Crank pulley question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1987 with factory air and power steering. De-smogged.

Figured out why I couldn't get my alternator belt to stay tight....I lifted this right off the crank pulley. From the parts diagrams I have found, one looks like it bolts on to the crank pulley with a bolt and the crank nut, and one looks like it is supposed to all be one piece. The holes in the crank pulley do not seem to be threaded, or the threads are deep, so I am assuming the one piece option. I feel a little bad posting this because it seemed like it would be an easy search on the forum or parts diagrams but it has not been. But if I can just reattach the 2 groove pulley and get up and running again that is the preferred option as opposed to getting a whole new crank pulley, etc. Thanks in advance. -Dave
Pulley.JPG

Those pieces are riveted together with a rubber center. It's a one-piece unit with 3-grooves. Those oblong holes should be round, but they wallowed out like that because they've been loose a long time. You need a new one. Aftermarket (China) are available as well as Toyota. They're not cheap.

You dodged a large bullet. When those HB disintegrate at speed, you usually trash the Crankshaft snout and then need a replacement Crankshaft.

Plenty of threads on this.

Hi Dave, try damperdoctor dot com

They may be able to rebuild your harmonic balancer.

Reactions: OSS
You might get lucky and find one in MUD classified. Check it out and also place a notice in the wanted section.

I found a good used Oem one there for a very good price. 2 years later and it’s just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom