cracked windshield washer reservoir lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2006 lx470 and the washer reservoir is cracked. Should be a no brainer but this thing is in it's own fortress, I can't even see it. Does anyone have any tips as to attack this replacement ?

It's in front of your driver's side tire, behind a black plastic cover.

Thanks, I didn't expect it to be that big. Looks like the tank isn't cracked but something leaking near the top of the tank, probably a hose I'd think. It throws water in to the fan shroud when I use it and seems to empty very quickly.

Thanks, I didn't expect it to be that big. Looks like the tank isn't cracked but something leaking near the top of the tank, probably a hose I'd think. It throws water in to the fan shroud when I use it and seems to empty very quickly.
Likely one of the hoses has busted or come off the pump motor.

Likely one of the hoses has busted or come off the pump motor.
The hose connections to the pump motors are ok. The leak seems to be in the hardest place to get to, of course. I have to pull the battery to drop the whole thing down and I've run out of time today. Thanks

Weird. I don’t think I had to remove the battery to drop it out. The fill tube disconnects from the reservoir. But hell I can’t remember with certainty if I removed the battery or not.

Weird. I don’t think I had to remove the battery to drop it out. The fill tube disconnects from the reservoir. But hell I can’t remember with certainty if I removed the battery or not.
Ahh, I didn't know the fill tube came loose from the tank. Thanks

Keep in mind the fill tube slides right out and isn't a leak tight fitting. There's a floating level gauge that rises up when the lower tank part is full. If you fill all the way to the top of the fill tube at the cap, IT WILL LEAK, where the fill tube connects... ask me how I know.

I thought mine was cracked for the longest time till I realized what was happening.

That's really interesting. I just bought this LX, and the washer low light was on. Yesterday I got around to filling it all the way up (with hose) and it leaked. But today the light was back on and the tank was completely empty but there's no sign of water on the ground. So I put a little water in it, light goes out and I don't see a leak. I use it and it takes a long time to prime but does. But the light is back on so I get underneath and there's water blowing off the fan. I put more water in, again no leak but when I use it but same thing, when I use it water blowing off the fan. I think their must be a broken hose somewhere pretty close to the top of the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom