cracked my exhaust on the trail this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I had a blast seeing what my stock 80 could do (and couldn't do) on our run this past weekend. While I was pulling my running boards off yesterday I discovered why my exhaust sounded like there was a hole in it. Somehow I did this on the trail.

So I come to you guys first; how do I fix this?

crack kills.jpeg

Either get an exhaust shop to weld it up for a temporary fix or replace the Y pipe with a Magnaflow unit. What year is your 80? It'll bolt in to a 95-97 directly.

Have you decided on what sliders you're going to install?

Here’s a couple pictures of the MagnaFlow Y pipe and catalytic converter I replace this past summer. Get a sawzall , a couple blades, and a can PB Blaster.

43DF86B0-255B-4969-A31D-24F6CF28DC64.jpeg

3035715E-2A84-4B68-B71E-DA7C7996BFB8.jpeg

94s have the side by side cats so not a bolt on affair.
unless you take it all the way to the end of the tail pipe. and relocate the O2s to the PAIR ports on the exhaust manifold.

How did you hit it that it broke there? I’ve broken my old exhaust a couple times, but never on the y-pipe. It broke twice for me where it went under the frame before I rerouted it
I suspect that the pipe was fatigued before I hit the trail and the extra twisting did it in. and/or my engine shifted enough that the pipe hit the frame, which is another problem by itself. so to answer you, I have no real idea how it broke there.

Great choice on the White Knuckle Sliders. You won't be disappointed.

My 40 is low to the ground (relatively) and I have truly punished my white knuckle sliders as a result. They’ve held up really well.

Chiming in late but just wanted to say you did a great job wheeling your 80. I was driving behind for the first part of the ride and saw the lines you took. I’m impressed with what a stock 80 can do now. Also speaking from experience, WK sliders are really good!

Chiming in late but just wanted to say you did a great job wheeling your 80. I was driving behind for the first part of the ride and saw the lines you took. I’m impressed with what a stock 80 can do now. Also speaking from experience, WK sliders are really good!
thanks man, I really enjoyed looking at your ride in my rear view. Beautiful girl you got there. I'm looking forward to doing it all again, with sliders this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom