Correction - bad fog relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed the smart tap on my 08 LX this weekend. Works as intended and I really like it.

Today a few odd issues began - side markers front and rear (small t10's in headlights and taillights) turn on some time after ignition shut off(but not right away) and stay on. Also fog lights turn on independent of headlights and stay on indefinitely after locking. I plan to contact diode dynamics customer service tmrw. I hope it's just a faulty unit.

Anyone else experience these issues?

I'll mention I also had my windshield replaced today, but can't imagine that had anything to do with the funky light behaviors.

I'm learning this may actually have to do with the windshield replacement. Perhaps clogged sunroof drains. Will update when I figure it out. Hopefully.

The smart tap should only be able to control the flashers, that's the only circuit it's in. So I'd say you are on the right track.

Thanks. I'm sure it was the windshield replacement done yesterday, not the smart tap. This is a nightmare as I deliberated for months on where to take it for the replacement, insisted on Pilkington glass, new molding etc, and now have these issues. I pulled the fog light fuse to turn those off, but the side markers are still coming on after ignition shut off. I'm bringing it back to the shop that replaced the windshield tomorrow, which makes me even more nervous.

I have 2013 lx. My last windshield was plinkington. I didn’t have any leaks. My windshield was replaced last year with AGC, or Asahi Glass Corp with lexus logo. Does the heated windshield feature work with plinkington. Mine did not. Why did you choose plinkington.

From what I've read, Pilkington makes glass for Lexus. The LX windshield has an acoustic layer and is allegedly 2mil thicker than standard or aftermarket windshields. I was most concerned about leaks and road noise, so that's why I tried to be so deliberate. I had no idea some electrical components could be impacted by the replacement. I haven't driven in rain or used the heating function so I can't speak to that.

The pilkington panel on my cruiser sucked. Easy chips, the VIN window didn't align properly, the wiper warmer would do something but not nearly enough to do its job, and the wiper rain sensor bracket wasn't parallel to the panel. If you want real quality go Genuine Toyota/Lexus.

Either way, the panel has an easy job keeping water out. This is a clear install issue.

I'm an idiot. After first blaming the smart tap, then the windshield replacement, then clogged sunroof drains, pulling and inspecting the a pillars and kick panels, then putting it all back together...it was a bad fog relay. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. How do I delete this post???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom