Copart guide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They take any business license... ours is just an LLC for our rental houses.

Needs a tail light and a bumper. It'd be nice to find a bed and tailgate too but they can be banged out enough for now. Pulled it off the trailer when I got home and it runs and drives perfectly.
20200129_130459.jpg

Picked up a 00 4runner for the gambler 500. $988 out the door for a rolled one. 200k on it, 3.4 limited with the rear electric locker. Brought it home and found it to be hydro locked. Pulled the plugs and cranked it over and after reassembling it fired right up! Then we made it into a convertible. Anyone got a roll cage of some sort laying around? This thing is gonna get wheeled!
20200309_104121.jpg

20200311_163140.jpg

My forester doesn't work for our size anymore but I don't want a full size truck so of the small/mid options the tacoma is the best option.
I can replace a bed without a problem. Its the possible frame that is a concern but I've got a friend that can help with that.

My forester doesn't work for our size anymore but I don't want a full size truck so of the small/mid options the tacoma is the best option.
I can replace a bed without a problem. Its the possible frame that is a concern but I've got a friend that can help with that.
@gnob will chop your head off if you buy a taco. He told me himself. Doh.

I no longer give used car advice because people don't listen anyway.
My love for Toyota has steeply fallen off with their NA builds. The quality fell way off while the price jumped way up.
If i buy Toyota im buying a "J" VIN or im not buying. (except for my swagger wagon, i guess :flipoff2:)

When I had the frame of my tundra straightened it was only $500. I wouldnt buy a taco with the 3.5, they lack torque and are geared for mpg on the hwy. You'd be paying $20k for that one and $2k more to ship it across the US, not to mention Boston is a coastal city and a road salt area. I've never had a problem with my NA yota's.

@jamister1 Thank you for starting and posting to this thread! I'm so glad I found this!! I hope you don't mind my asking, incredible that so many things align here, but I just purchased my first vehicle at auction from the Eugene Copart. You answered most my questions, but I'm curious if they still operate the same way these few years later. I purchased a run&drive car that looks very operational, a side impact that only affected the doors without airbag deployment. I have contacted my insurance and am working that, but what are the options (given condition it is good enough) for driving this thing home? Do i need a temporary permit? I thought i read that Oregon offers like a trip permit, but is this required? I want one-way fly to the nearby Eugene airport, walk over the short three miles to Copart and then drive it strait home to Utah. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

@jamister1 Thank you for starting and posting to this thread! I'm so glad I found this!! I hope you don't mind my asking, incredible that so many things align here, but I just purchased my first vehicle at auction from the Eugene Copart. You answered most my questions, but I'm curious if they still operate the same way these few years later. I purchased a run&drive car that looks very operational, a side impact that only affected the doors without airbag deployment. I have contacted my insurance and am working that, but what are the options (given condition it is good enough) for driving this thing home? Do i need a temporary permit? I thought i read that Oregon offers like a trip permit, but is this required? I want one-way fly to the nearby Eugene airport, walk over the short three miles to Copart and then drive it strait home to Utah. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
I would get a trip permit for your state if they have one. I have gambled with or without one and since you are already driving a wrecked sketchy car it's best to have something on hand. Oregon has a 15 day permit for like $30 although I have no idea how easy it would be to get one right now. They really aren't checking plates or tags and the dmv is impossible to get into. Also I would sometimes insure mine in advance although state farm told me that I had 30 days coverage automatically, however if you get pulled over the cop will still want proof of insurance.
Never count on the vehicles being drivable. Bring airport approved tools (under certain length... 8"? (yes they will measure), no blades, zip ties, duct tape etc) and you want to tell them in advance at the security line because if you surprise them you will make the express lane to a cavity check. Also bring a water bottle to top off the radiator. The only thing copart will help you with is a jump box, although I don't think all of them will even do that. Count on the battery being dead and a tire being flat, pray there are no locking lug nuts and it has a complete jack... you get the picture. Be prepared to call an Uber or lyft and make a trip to and from an auto parts store, then be prepared to do it again. At the Eugene location you can always push it out of their parking lot and they have a nice road you could probably park on temporarily although it is sketchy overnight.
Out of the 15ish cars I've gotten from there and the 8 or so I've driven home... maybe 3 were easy and uneventful, 1 made me want to take my own life and the others were somewhere in between. Send me the link and I'll check it out. I'm in Medford if you make it this far south you can always stop by to fix anything. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom