Cooper AT3 XLT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics always help.
20181106_070228.jpg
20181106_070221.jpg

Looks nice. Was looking at these for the wife's '11 4Runner as we have gotten just about the full 50k out of the Cooper HTPs and will be going to a true AT this winter. Loved the look of the original ATP/AT3.

Looking at this tire (AT3 XLT) for my LBZ...just wish they offered it in 255/85R16.

Once we go to replace the tires on the 4runner we will be moving to the AT3 4S version (new version) no real need for anything other than the SL rated tires as we don't tow with the 4runner (other than the one time this year). Otherwise the HTPs that we have been running have been great, still have about 5k miles on them if not more, but want to replace before major snow hits.

Love that size. Sidewall looks aggressive while tread lookshighway compliant - appears to be a good compromise tire

What brand are your steps?

Following
Yeah, for our use a mud terrain makes zero sense and these look good while still having deep tread blocks and plenty of siping.
Steps are from ICI.

I just picked up the new AT3 XLT in 315/75/16 this morning based on recommendations from my Discount Tire rep who runs them (I originally was set on the K02s). The tires run small at least in 315s... mounted diameter is 34" which will allow me to mount my spare in the stock location if needed. Also, this is one of the lightest A/T 315s I have seen at 63lbs. Anyone on the fence to move to 315s on their 80 series should seriously consider this tire. I am amazed at how quiet they run for how aggressive they look. Extremely pleased so far...

20181215_090036.jpg

20181215_090109.jpg

20181215_090126.jpg

Yeah I got to see them first hand this weekend, not overly crazy about the sidewall design. Loved the old ones.
There isn't an "old one." The XLT is a step between the regular AT3 and the STT pro.
A more aggressive sidewall, deeper tread, but with decent siping and a treadware guarantee (which the ST MAXX doesn't have).

There isn't an "old one." The XLT is a step between the regular AT3 and the STT pro.
A more aggressive sidewall, deeper tread, but with decent siping and a treadware guarantee (which the ST MAXX doesn't have).
Ah ok... so the XLT is meant more as a sibling to the ST Maxx with the a mileage warranty.

Ah ok... so the XLT is meant more as a sibling to the ST Maxx with the a mileage warranty.
That's the way I read their description anyway.
Update. Don't think we've even put a thousand miles on them but did get a trip up to the mountain. Saw dry pavement, wet, slushy, powder, and hard pack. Tires did great

Good to hear they do well in the mountains. I continue to be impressed with the road manners for how aggressive they are. They are so quiet and smooth and excell in heavy rain. Will be testing out the snow performance soon.

Think I have about 25k on my ST Maxx and they are just now starting to pick up a bit of a hum on the freeway (above 50mph). Nothing really noticeable but I can tell. Hell my buddy has a 2007 Frontier with DuraTracs on it that are almost brand new and they hum so loudly (especially right around 40mph) that you can barely hold a conversation. He hates them. First time he rode long distance in BeBe with me he asked what kind of tires they were because they looked a lot older than his but were so quiet, yet still had nice big lugs for offroad (he's a hunter so need something aggressive around here).

I was considering the ST Maxx at one point, but I felt the XLT would have better road manners and in the 315s the Maxxs were a few pounds heavier. If I was driving more offroad and needed a stronger sidewall that tire would definitely have made my short list. I've also heard the same comments on the Duratracs being noisy. I have a daughter with hearing loss so for me a quiet ride was a priority...

mr jits - 295s look good on the FJ and fills out the wheel wells nicely!

Just a little more info on the tire capabilities; my wife regularly tries to get herself stuck (not really, but she loves driving places she shouldn't) and has gotten herself out of a few deep fields running the coopers. I'm not saying these are an MT, but they did a damn good job clearing out and digging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom