Coolant & Brake fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where do you guys dispose of liquids such as coolant & brake fluid? (I take my oil to where I buy it).

Coolant goes in the toilet. Brake fluid gets mixed in with the motor oil ;).

I put the coolant in milk jugs and take it over to a Jiffy-Lube, or something. I'm not sure about the brake fluid. Just be sure you don't mix oil and water together; I don't think they will take it.

I have a service that comes and gets mine. I used to take the oil to NAPA which would accept it for free. Brake fluid, ATF, power steering grease all in the same drum. I bet the local jiffy lube would accept it. Shamed to admit it but prior to my service I just drained it into the sewer :-[

Look in the phone book for your county waste disposal (or hazardous waste disposal) facility. Call the county health department if you can't find the disposal facility listed. If they charge for disposal, it shouldn't be much. My county accepts everything for free, rather than have people dump it alongside the road. They accept any and every automotive fluid, paints, pesticides, and unknowns.

Good Luck,
Todd Bull.

Put the brake fluid in a squirt bottle for spraying on H2s and put the anti-freeze in the neighbors dog dish to solve the late night barking problem. Hehehe.

"put the anti-freeze in the neighbors dog dish to solve the late night barking problem. Hehehe."

:mad: Ethelyne Glycol poisoning is a horrible death, even for a pain-in-the-ass neighborhood dog.......Let alone you favorite pet.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=1;threadid=8720;start=msg75771#msg75771 date=1071467728]

:mad: Ethelyne Glycol poisoning is a horrible death, even for a pain-in-the-ass neighborhood dog.......Let alone you favorite pet.
[/quote]

I've got a better idea - maybe the state dept would like it to put in Saddam's water bowl.

R

There's an idea..............

[quote author=Riley link=board=1;threadid=8720;start=msg75772#msg75772 date=1071467928]
I've got a better idea - maybe the state dept would like it to put in Saddam's water bowl.

R
[/quote]

Yeah, I heard he did that himself to 8 of his cousins one afternoon....... :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom