Cool cars and CLC chat (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been in the car Audio World for a while now. One battery is capable of doing the same job as a whole bank of lead acid. Limitless Lithium is the brand I’m familiar with.

As far as replacement car batteries I’ve had good luck with my XS Power Group 27. It’s been in my 80 since the engine swap and have had zero issues with it. Truck has been sitting at David’s for months at a time and has always cranked first time every time without being on a battery tender.

Better plan on heavier front springs if you go ^ this route! I never knew something that small could be that heavy!

DFB48C8B-B8C3-41C1-90D5-E9DFE4D994F5.jpeg
DAE171B8-C4E0-4BAA-8C27-D905BC83DE51.jpeg
FE82AEB2-BB76-4033-B646-1CA16681A7D5.jpeg

Stay safe around Jackson area....appears major flood concerns.

More rain today. Echoing @Elbert hope everyone is safe and dry.

Sorry for the random interjection, but can someone please explain why this man is being made to leave the country, but someone who illegally entered the country is being protected so they can stay (illegally)...

This is all kind of backwards....

Sorry for the random interjection, but can someone please explain why this man is being made to leave the country, but someone who illegally entered the country is being protected so they can stay (illegally)...

Apples and oranges there.

Apples and oranges there.

Dont entirely disagree, but this man clearly legally entered the US and has lived here for a very long time as a naturalized citizen (assuming on that one as the article doesn't mention it) and now they have decided he is guilty of a law passed in 1978... why was he not sent back 20, 30, or even 40 years ago...

And while I agree it is a different line of laws (warcrimes vs illegal immigration), i will stand by the fact that regardless of the differences, the fact that a man can be shipped out for that, but we can't charge people who illegally enter the country is messed up.

Last edited:
Nazi or other war criminals cannot enter the country legally, while not knowing the entire story...the person, if the story is true, must have lied or otherwise hid his past service during WWII time-frame. Could he claim some status of persecution or other status that would permit him under the law to enter the country legally..I suspect no, because there is no claim that absolves a war criminal to the extent I'm aware, regardless of his/her issues.

there are a number of stories (facts) where Nazi war criminals were found to be living in various countries over time, including the US and were only later "evicted/deported"...which takes a court action as I understand it, to adjudicate the legal status of their citizenship which likely they obtained through improper-fradulent disclosure (they lied about their past). The US even helped certain war criminals.

I'm sure Israel would find a nice home for him.

Is there some assumption you can just walk across the border into the US or otherwise illegally enter the US and you are golden....wrong assumption. People are deported from the US all the time, and or otherwise not permitted to enter the US. Sure there are people living here illegally, there is nothing that says they have a right to be here...unless they can prove some type of status that allows them to prove something like human rights persecution...etc (at the home country). Then if approved they can obtain legal status.

I have no mercy or compassion for a nazi war criminal...no matter his/her age, or any other war-criminal...etc

The law allows a process to be followed where people can request aslyum and enter the US legally and I'm sure there are other paths to legal immagration...(i'm just not informed enough to know what those are), and I'm sure there are other rules that us non-lawyers have no first hand knowledge of. I'm not aware of any rule that says illegal immigrants have a defined right under the law to be here or otherwise are exempt for being deported, this happens all the time..likely every day on a mass scale, people being deported by the US gov. in various capacities.

not tracking about "can't deport illegal aliens".... happens all day every day.

concentration guard? eff him.

Since we are staying put around home place..... we’re gonna do some fishing... friends pond behind his house...

E23B81F8-6BE6-4C7A-BB41-FCDED595675C.jpeg

Supporting the local health care providers. Some
PPE supplies are getting tough to get here. Seems knowing how to sew is a good thing.

8B9F78F9-8741-40B4-B2C2-E6EA6FAC4B55.jpeg

That's awesome, Heather. Got any links/info/recommendations regarding fabric, patterns, filter fabric, etc?
Yes! There are a few key things to know:

1) breathability is key. Use tightly woven cotton for the liner and the outside. Shirting material, or quilting cotton, etc. Wash and iron the material before use because it’ll shrink.

2) a non-woven liner is needed. Interfacing is good but largely unavailable at this point. Consider using non-woven shopping bags, like the drivers bags from crawl. The fabric is called “oly” fabric if you can find that.

3) the pleated “surgeon” like masks don’t seal well. Here is a link to good patterns for more of a cup like shape. Face Mask Pattern - Free Sewing Pattern • Craft Passion. They have sizes too.

4) elastic is tough to get and besides that just hooking it over your ears hurt after a while. So consider a tie. I used bias tape (in the pic with the piecesbelow). Thread it through and you have a loop over your head and ears, then tie behind your neck.
F613D59B-2919-49FF-BAE2-18EB10511D30.jpeg

5) you need a bendable nose piece for a good seal. I sew a pocket inside then insert a doubled over pipe cleaner about 2.5 inches long. If you put a mask on and your glasses fog, it’s not working.

Here is a pic of all the pieces needed.
0604DC78-C15F-460D-ABB6-4DE9E4812222.jpeg

Check this video out (as well as her others). She sews and was a health care worker for years. She seems to make the most sense to me.

Awesome info Heather!

New tow rig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom