Conventional Awning -- DS or PS Mount, and Why? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Nearly every pic I see has the awning mounted on the DS. Other than shading the driver's seat--any reason for that? Someone told me possible snorkel interference. I'm 6'3, concerned about banging my head on the thing. Conventional awning, not a wraparound. Opinions welcome (as are photos of Safari Snorkel at the roofline; that's on the list, but awning comes first...)

for me it was snorkel issues 100%

i went with the cheap napa one and its so long it would have hit the snorkel or kept me from opening the back hatch.

Always on the PS for me. Pull over and roll it out, not into traffic lol.

Mine is mounted on the passenger side. If it's raining out it is much more important that my wife can access her side of the truck without getting wet than me.
^^^100% if we're honest about the importance of a permissive second opinion in a minefield of potentially costly 'misbuys'.

Ive got a 97 LC, 2.5 OME lift with ARB rack. I just installed a 2000mm ARB awning with quick release mounts on the driver side. Despite a little extra cost I'll prob put another set of mounts on the PS just so I have the flexibility, especially if I go with the ARB tent or screen room under the awning. This size awning will work with a snorkel and the awning is atleast 6'5" ( just measured it) off the ground with my set up. I really like the awning and possible accessories. With 2 peeps it's a 3-4 min job to deploy, extra for guy ropes, etc. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom