Connection on Oil Sending unit - help please

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by AspenFJ40, Aug 15, 2005.

1. AspenFJ40

AspenFJ40

I just noticed that my connection on the oil pressure sending unit has just snapped off - more specifically, the wire has just come off the sending unit. The little rotary connector is still there on the bottom of the oil filter, but I think something fell on the wire (wrench, beer?) and took the wire right out. Seems like an easy fix, but can you guys tell me what kind of a connector it takes? Is it a locking type? Or...??? Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA
    :cheers:
    Kevin
    77 FJ40 2F

2. andrewfarmer

andrewfarmer

There are vaiations. Pics please.

3. chuglife

chuglife

where is it?

[​IMG]

4. fj40Matt

fj40Matt

This happened on mine and I simply used a regular old spade connector available from any auto parts store, even Wal-Mart. The original connector is just a push on style.

This was on a 73 F, but I believe the 2Fs were the same.

One other note, if you get it reconnected and the gauge reading is strangely off, there's a good chance the wire grounded out and spiked the gauge causing an internal part to bend and throwing the reading. Aftermarket pressure gauges are always better anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.