1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection on Oil Sending unit - help please

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by AspenFJ40, Aug 15, 2005.

1. AspenFJ40

AspenFJ40

I just noticed that my connection on the oil pressure sending unit has just snapped off - more specifically, the wire has just come off the sending unit. The little rotary connector is still there on the bottom of the oil filter, but I think something fell on the wire (wrench, beer?) and took the wire right out. Seems like an easy fix, but can you guys tell me what kind of a connector it takes? Is it a locking type? Or...??? Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA
    :cheers:
    Kevin
    77 FJ40 2F

2. andrewfarmer

andrewfarmer

There are vaiations. Pics please.

3. chuglife

chuglife

4. fj40Matt

fj40Matt

This happened on mine and I simply used a regular old spade connector available from any auto parts store, even Wal-Mart. The original connector is just a push on style.

This was on a 73 F, but I believe the 2Fs were the same.

One other note, if you get it reconnected and the gauge reading is strangely off, there's a good chance the wire grounded out and spiked the gauge causing an internal part to bend and throwing the reading. Aftermarket pressure gauges are always better anyway.